diy solar

diy solar

Hysolis PPS1000IL Solar Generator

I bet if Will plugged all these all in ones together he could get charge efficiency down to zero.

Merry december, Will! ?

Thanks for the review. Inside investigation was really helpful. Battery pack analysis too. Great going!

What do you guys think?

I think it is pretty good for the price, but it has a few problems.

Should I test it more, or move on to the bigger low frequency inverter unit that they have?
Will, do you think you could over panel maybe to 500 watts as long as you're staying under the 70 volts? And would you receive the extra watts or would it just cut off at 300 watts. Also I assume that you can use this power station while it's charging? Thank you very much for the video.

What do you guys think?

I think it is pretty good for the price, but it has a few problems.

Should I test it more, or move on to the bigger low frequency inverter unit that they have?
After I saw your YouTube quick look at this, I took the plunge and ordered one. The company office is only a few miles down the road from me so I received it Tuesday. So far I have given it the hot air gun test, putting a load on it with the setting on low on the hot air gun. The display on the unit showed it was outputting 779 Watts, but both my Kill a Watt and measurement of Voltage and current with my DMM showed output was 687, likewise when I charged it back up it showed input of 255 Watts, but the Kill a Watt showed 335 actual from the AC household outlet used to charge it. Have not tried it on solar panel for charging yet. All in all, looks pretty well put together. Have to complement the company for shipping it in a wooden shipping box that was stout and then some ! As you said in the video, given the price is pretty much equal to what the battery itself would cost, it is priced very fairly. It will be a good buy for someone like me, who will be using it for camping trips and as a general purpose power source around the house, if it holds up and works well for a few years. One major gripe is the cheap Andersen lookalike DC connector. It is the size of a power pole PP75, but will not match up to a genuine Andersen connector, size and spacing of the ports on it are both incorrect. I can’t get a connector to work. I looked up the Chinese company whose name is on the connector, and it looks like they supply a number of connectors to various suppliers of jumpers, and different sorts of cables. So I have resorted to ordering a couple of those cables from Amz in hopes they will work with the installed one. It would be a good idea for the company to throw a connector or jumper with raw ends in with the other cables supplied with this going forward. Thanks for all your testing and evaluation of all this solar gear, You are the best resource of knowledge and information available !

Back