diy solar

diy solar

I’m new to this site I’m Terry L from Olympia Washington

Terry L

I am currently gathering the components for off grid system for boondocking with my Silverado. I hope to find an answer here for an installation question; I have 4 Renology 100 watt panels, a Renology 40A DC-DC charger, and a Pikasola Wind Solar hybrid Controller. With 4 100 AH Renology AGM batteries.
I am trying to determine where in the system is the DC-DC charger to be installed???
any advice is welcome

I am currently gathering the components for off grid system for boondocking with my Silverado. I hope to find an answer here for an installation question; I have 4 Renology 100 watt panels, a Renology 40A DC-DC charger, and a Pikasola Wind Solar hybrid Controller. With 4 100 AH Renology AGM batteries.
I am trying to determine where in the system is the DC-DC charger to be installed???
any advice is welcome
That renogy dc dc charger probably has an mppt input, too. connect one side of the dcc to your starter battery, the other sude to your house battery, then wire the panels into the mppt input. probably no need for that stand-alone charge controller.

What are the specs of your panels and what is the specs of the dc dc?

That renogy dc dc charger probably has an mppt input, too. connect one side of the dcc to your starter battery, the other sude to your house battery, then wire the panels into the mppt input. probably no need for that stand-alone charge controller.

What are the specs of your panels and what is the specs of the dc dc?
Thank you for the response

Back