diy solar

diy solar

I don't know wither I should put this in the humor section ...

Cajunwolf

Solar Enthusiast
Seriously, this is a real DIY wind turbine video, but from somewhere in Eastern Europe, the Ukraine, Russia, hard to tell, and it's funny as hell. These guys are freaking crazy and if your one, like me, who hates too much government regulations, this is an excellent video to show you why we do need sensible regulations to protect us fool like in this video. Now I've worked in this part of the world, so this is familiar, and how it is over there, it's kind of every man for himself dog eat dog. One thing for sure, these people, though they seem crazy to us, are really resourceful and handy to have on your side when the chips are down.

Last edited:
Russians and Czechs be nuts. I've watch a lot of their vids on home grown stuff. Too bad that windmill will be on the ground soon.

Loved his male/male patch cord of lamp wire to feed a whole house....

From the comments he is Ukrainian, and yeah, a good gust of wind and that puppy is history. You could see the pole itself oscillating in the center, no guy wires nor enough mass in the mast. Needs to be a more massive pole to handle not only the weight of that turkey but the imbalance in the blades too.

An interesting if slightly less safe application of alternative energy, which until mainstream adoption has always been realm of the Prepper. However, what these videos demonstrate could be considered post-societal breakdown survivalist skills ... take one drain pipe ...

Just one question, how the heck was he pulling down all those Watts on one battery (accummulator)?

Yeah but boy their cabbage rolls and perogies are to die for..
They are a creative bunch those Ukrainians.

Seriously, this is a real DIY wind turbine video, but from somewhere in Eastern Europe, the Ukraine, Russia, hard to tell, and it's funny as hell. These guys are freaking crazy and if your one, like me, who hates too much government regulations, this is an excellent video to show you why we do need sensible regulations to protect us fool like in this video. Now I've worked in this part of the world, so this is familiar, and how it is over there, it's kind of every man for himself dog eat dog. One thing for sure, these people, though they seem crazy to us, are really resourceful and handy to have on your side when the chips are down.

What a very fun and informative video. I have a wind charge controller but no windmill yet .... these guys are great, thank you,!

Last edited:
He said he was using an"excercise bike motor", as a generator right? No I'm not Russian, but I am plum larky and I just want to get it right when I build my turbine!

What happens after the generating unit (motor and prop) makes a couple of turns atop the support shaft (when the wind changes direction) does the output power supply cord then wrap itself around the shaft and 'self destructs' ? or does it haul everything connected to it through the window, into the yard, and up the pole ?

Back