diy solar

diy solar

I don't trust SOK batteries. My experience so far

I have a very strict policy" Do not lie to me."
Tell me what it is, and 9999 times out of 10000 I will understand and hang in there. Lie to me, and I am through with the company. That more companies do not understand this is beyond my comprehension.
Has Min at SOK lied to you? In the posts I have seen, he has been verrrrrry clear about the limitations/delays/shipping difficulties, and has been responsive to people regarding the things that are in his control.

Has Min at SOK lied to you? In the posts I have seen, he has been verrrrrry clear about the limitations/delays/shipping difficulties, and has been responsive to people regarding the things that are in his control.
Did you read the OP!

I ordered my batteries which were 'in stock' back in mid April. My credit card was charged immediately, and yet it never shipped. I waited days, weeks, and finally contacted them about it. I was told they would ship May 10th and that they only just arrived at their warehouse. I was then told it would ship within days, it's now 5/14 and now the story has changed and I'm being told they didn't arrive and they want me to wait another 10 days (A month and a half total).

There are several warning signs here. You don't charge somebody's card until you ship. You don't get it last week in your warehouse, and now suddenly you didn't get it and it won't arrive for 10 more days.

This wasn't a pre-order, there was no "we will ship in a month" at the time of purchase, and my receipt said "We're getting your order ready to be shipped" that was back on April 19th.

Buyer beware. I asked for a refund
First, we apologize for the delay happened. We shipped 2 container on March (the same day )from China factory to US warehouse, the first 20" container arrived about 7 days delay, the second container(40" container) arrived about 18 days delay.
When the first container arrived at warehouse, Vickie in Michigan warehouse shipped out all in 3 days. The second container arrived, Vickie shipped out all orders in about 7 days. That is why most customers received their order at the early of June.
Also, when you placed the order, we marked on the website, it said would start shipping on 10Th May, it's not immediately shipping.

Second: we don't mean to lie or cheat any customers, some customers need cancel order and ask refund, we would do immediately.

3rd: in fact, we keep updating the delay information in our Facebook group instead of sending bulk emails to all customers because we are worry about our email system maybe blocked.

4th: i attach an email screenshot , our warehouse people communicated with forwarder and you could find out, some time forwarder even not answer our call or even a call back, and gave us incorrect shipping time information .

Last, i am not finding the excuse , and i believe we could do better & faster.

Attachments

• IMG_2450.PNG
    IMG_2450.PNG
    655.4 KB · Views: 9
First, we apologize for the delay happened. We shipped 2 container on March (the same day )from China factory to US warehouse, the first 20" container arrived about 7 days delay, the second container(40" container) arrived about 18 days delay.
When the first container arrived at warehouse, Vickie in Michigan warehouse shipped out all in 3 days. The second container arrived, Vickie shipped out all orders in about 7 days. That is why most customers received their order at the early of June.
Also, when you placed the order, we marked on the website, it said would start shipping on 10Th May, it's not immediately shipping.

Second: we don't mean to lie or cheat any customers, some customers need cancel order and ask refund, we would do immediately.

3rd: in fact, we keep updating the delay information in our Facebook group instead of sending bulk emails to all customers because we are worry about our email system maybe blocked.

4th: i attach an email screenshot , our warehouse people communicated with forwarder and you could find out, some time forwarder even not answer our call or even a call back, and gave us incorrect shipping time information .

Last, i am not finding the excuse , and i believe we could do better & faster.
it’s great that you’re here and talking on behalf of the company. i’d like to know who MasnPip is. New member that joined here just to lend a good hand to Min? if there is any affiliation or even friendship between you two, now would be a good time to disclose that. Anything else would be less than honest and crossing boundary lines of ethics and professionalism.

it’s great that you’re here and talking on behalf of the company. i’d like to know who MasnPip is. New member that joined here just to lend a good hand to Min? if there is any affiliation or even friendship between you two, now would be a good time to disclose that. Anything else would be less than honest and crossing boundary lines of ethics and professionalism.
Hahaha! No, I am not friends with Min, nor do I have any affiliation with SOK or Min in any way. I did buy an 206ah SOK battery in April that I have installed in my teardrop camper. I have used it on 1 trip so far and love it. Through that process, I have developed a curiosity for all things solar and lithium, and so now I have some Eve 230’s on order through Michael for a different project. I should not have commented on this thread at all. However, I just get tired of it when a hard working person or small company gets crapped on, like Min and Michael have, when they are clearly trying their best, when companies like Renogy or Amazon are out there gobbling up the world.

Hahaha! No, I am not friends with Min, nor do I have any affiliation with SOK or Min in any way. I did buy an 206ah SOK battery in April that I have installed in my teardrop camper. I have used it on 1 trip so far and love it. Through that process, I have developed a curiosity for all things solar and lithium, and so now I have some Eve 230’s on order through Michael for a different project. I should not have commented on this thread at all. However, I just get tired of it when a hard working person or small company gets crapped on, like Min and Michael have, when they are clearly trying their best, when companies like Renogy or Amazon are out there gobbling up the world.
its great that you commented, I just had to ask the question. I’d rather talk about the proverbial elephant in the room than ignore it.

I value freedom of speech. In matters of business I tend to hold a skeptical eye and desire verification or evidence of what is claimed (especially on a medium like an internet forum where anyone could be anything, including being multiple account holders). people sometimes get offended that you “don’t trust” them or their word, which is unfortunate.

Anyway, I’m rambling. It’s great that you commented and I hope you continue to do so.

Also, don’t forget, the Amazons and renogies started out small, too. Furthermore, amazon is a good vehicle for small businesses to break out in.

Last edited:
now, not trying to kick on anyones tows, but there has and still are global shipping issues.
this is due to the suez canal blockage, but also covid and tariffs are not helping.

it is quite possible a supplier ships out , but shipment is stuck without them knowing that.

when using global suppliers and using slow shipping, stuff happens.
if you value the time so much, order local, but pay the (very big sometimes) premium.

i am not affiliated with anyone , just a bit surprise with the responses here..

Min, I think you would save yourself a lot of time by setting up a Q&A page on your website to answer many of the same questions that you undoubtedly get every single day.
There are so many questions and so many different types of batteries and everyone seems to have their own charging volts, float volts, best SOC to maximize the cells, charge rate, etc.
The list is endless really. It’s just a thought and I do appreciate what you do.

I'm loving my new battery and I appreciate the speedy shipping that you gave!

I ordered my batteries which were 'in stock' back in mid April. My credit card was charged immediately, and yet it never shipped. I waited days, weeks, and finally contacted them about it. I was told they would ship May 10th and that they only just arrived at their warehouse. I was then told it would ship within days, it's now 5/14 and now the story has changed and I'm being told they didn't arrive and they want me to wait another 10 days (A month and a half total).

There are several warning signs here. You don't charge somebody's card until you ship. You don't get it last week in your warehouse, and now suddenly you didn't get it and it won't arrive for 10 more days.

This wasn't a pre-order, there was no "we will ship in a month" at the time of purchase, and my receipt said "We're getting your order ready to be shipped" that was back on April 19th.

Buyer beware. I asked for a refund

I think SOK had extremely high demand and shipping had been really wild this last year with COVID and US-China relations as well as chip shortages (which might cause productions slow downs due to the on board BMS). They are also a pretty young company still, so given this crazy world, I would expect some small issues. Did SOK intentionally deceive you? Maybe... Given the quality of the product, thousands of success stories, and Min's impeccable communication and customer service, I'm inclined to be optimistic on this issue and assume that this was a simple mistake and not a lie. For the record, I had a similar issue when I ordered mine, however I was patient and kept asking Min where the batteries were. He kindly updated me and apologized for delays which were out of his control. At one point there was a cargo ship with batteries stuck in the LA port, unable to drop them off. There were some articles about it when it happened. Anyway, my batteries arrived as fast as they could send them to me, allegedly. Demand for these batteries is always high because...well....they are pretty dang good. Perhaps they did get your batteries at the warehouse but maybe they found a defect and wanted to save you from getting a faulty product...there are lots of examples of how this could be a mistake and, given the smallness of the company and the high demand, it could be difficult for them to provide every single detail to you in regard to the processing, manufacturing, shipping, supply issues, and the like.

I'm not affiliated with SOK at all but in my opinion, SOK is built on two things: quality products and a quality reputation. No company, no human, no thing is perfect. If you hold the world to standards of perfection, you will suffer through your life. Cultivate patience, kindness, optimism, compassion, forgiveness, and mindfulness and you will be rewarded with a peaceful and prosperous life. I hope you found something that works for you. I'd say you're missing out by not getting SOK batteries cuz they work great. I also think that your story is valid and SOK has also put the shipping date in big bold red text on the 206a battery page. There are ways to approach issues, anger, judgement, or assumptions are rarely the most effective in my experience. Having said that, SOK seems to have heard you loud n' clear given that they are very clear on shipping times now.

sending love my homie.

sorry if there are typos. Wrote this on my phone.

Back