diy solar

diy solar

I feel like a newcomer

Hi Guys
Here are the ENERGY AUDIT RESULTS: I ran the 120 volt office electronics audit for 16:08 hours/0.61 kWh *** 0.36 WATTS/50 VA *** 0.42 AMPS *** 59.9 Hz/0.74 PF using ***120volts
These results were with the Monitor, Receipt Printer, Laptop, and two cordless battery tool chargers that started out with flat batteries plugged into the Killawatt Meter and my homes wall outlet. I figure my computer, monitor and printer will be powered up 10 hours per day since Im not likely to turn them on and off like I would when I flip off the light switch when I leave the truck.

Thinking this through more, To preserve power, I could just turn off the 120 Volt 6 outlet power strip everything is plugged into and that would power down all my electronics except the laptop which has its own battery.....

NOT included in this test were the TEN ceiling MAXXIMA model M84426 LED light fixtures that are hardwired into the present battery bank. EACH LED 1200 Lumen Light Draw 12.8V = 1.32 amp, A typical day the lights are in use between 3 and 5 hours. I called MAXXIMA and the engineer there told me the Ten LED fixtures use .80 kWh in 5 hours

I like the idea of using a Bluetti stand alone type Portable Solar Generator to replace my current bank of Float batteries if that is possible. Im inclined to go for something like the Bluetti AC200MAX. It looks like folks use this in their living situations where they plug in appliances AND the same office type electronics I use with this unit and it supplies their power for long periods of time.

Is a Bluetti AC200MAX a viable solution for me? Can I get more that one day use from the AC200MAX before I have to lug it out of my truck to charge it on a 120 wall outlet?

What will two 100watt solar panels do for me using the Bluetti?
The 2 numbers that you report are .61 kWh and .80 kWh. = 1.41 kWh or 1410 Wh

The Bluetti AC200MAX has a capacity of 2048 Wh so seems you are under the limit. I am sure Bluetti is rating at perfect conditions and possibly at 12 volt instead of rated at the inverter converting to 120 volt and losing a few percent due to conversion?

If it were me, and your system works for you except the.batteries are dead...
I would pick up a set of drop in 12V lithium.
3 would be less than you had new, 4 would be more...
And last 10 to 12 years of daily use.

I did a review of some I found on ebay shipps out in 4 days, and they test great for me so far.

You could pull the lead acid out, drop one of these for each pair of your 6v sets, use the same cables, and be good to go.

As for panels, I would not recommend flexible.
I got 3 100W panels that are only 3/4" thick shipped to home depot free from windy nation, and they are handling all my battery maintenance.

Back