diy solar

diy solar

I found a battery on ebay, free shipping, 100Ah $299... im going to do a load test on it... should i post a video here?

Supervstech

Administrator
Staff member

4 day shipping... nice case I haven't seen before.
Description shows 2 year warranty, and adjustable low temp disconnect.

The spec sheet looks like an eye test......... And I failed ?

As mentioned, Low temp cutoff, only 2 year warranty but I never collect on those anyway.

And, you can series up to 48v !

I have no idea if 80 cylindrical cells are better/worse than 4 prismatics.

Last edited:
if you want any help setting up cheap metrology i’m eager to help!
I have a 500Amp victron smart shunt. I also built a 100AMP cheapo boot up shunt meter… I think the victron will be best. I have a hybrid 24V inverter I’m itching to setup as well…
Fingers crossed when they arrive.

The spec sheet looks like an eye test......... And I failed ?

As mentioned, Low temp cutoff, only 2 year warranty but I never collect on those anyway.

And, you can series up to 48v !

I have no idea if 80 cylindrical cells are better/worse than 4 prismatics.
I'd wager better, as one failing doesn't necessarily turn it into a boat anchor, but rather reduces capacity a bit.

Wonder why it says to recharge every 3 months on the front label?

Price now $400. Didn't even wait to be tested. Can't buy anything Will tests, price is instantly more.

I got two in yesterday's mail.
I will unbox them tonight i think, and set them on charge to get them full.
Once full, I will tie in the shunt, and run test.

To be fair, that eBay auction ended yesterday (and those were on sale).
Waiting to buy the panels and charge controller paid off. Got better, bigger and cheaper than I planned. I'm in no hurry.

Well, clouds and rain through tomorrow, so sun likely won’t charge these before Monday.

I opened up one of the boxes… double boxed, foam protected for shipping… very well packed… this battery is HUGE! A very impressive battery.
Easily disassembled. I unbolted all the screws. Four 3/16” Allen’s hold the carry handle solid aluminum bar on, and 12 4mm Allen screws hold the case together.
There is a silicone gasket sealing out moisture.
The cell packs have a nice build to them, oddly, from looking at them, they appear to be built as 4S12P chunks… instead of 12P4S…
Each pack has a set of main positive and negative… I may have to tear this apart to get a complete picture. But it was late at night when I finally got it all opened up.

The BMS is fairly small and mounted directly to the packs. No conformal coating on the board. Plenty of copper connecting to the battery terminal lugs. Two #6 copper silicone insulated feeds.

I will post up the videos of the tear down as soon as I get them all out.

Back