diy solar

diy solar

I found a battery on ebay, free shipping, 100Ah $299... im going to do a load test on it... should i post a video here?

I just bought 2 of these off ebay 2 days ago at $557.87 for both free shipping I'd like to see everyone else reviews let us know I will do the same

So, what's the difference? Someone draw me a picture.
4 series cells placed in parallel 12 times where each "bundle" of 4 cells is 12v nominal.

|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
+____-

Vs 12 parallel cells placed in series 4 times, where each "bundle" is 3.2v nominal.

+
oooooooooooo

oooooooooooo

oooooooooooo

oooooooooooo
-

Last edited:
Now $300
One curious thing, the documentation is inconsistent. The 2nd spec page says the working temperature is 40-104F, the 1st spec page shows more typical charge & discharge temperature.
Screenshot_2021-10-30_14-21-55.png

4 series cells placed in parallel 12 times where each "bundle" of 4 cells is 12v nominal.

|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
+ -

Vs 12 parallel cells placed in series 4 times, where each "bundle" is 3.2v nominal.

+
oooooooooooo

oooooooooooo

oooooooooooo

oooooooooooo
-
Does this affect balancing the cells?

These look interesting. If you add the cost of 8x280AH batteries plus the wiring and BMS and enclosure....Two of these look good pricewise for a 24v bank. Curious to see how they do.

These look interesting. If you add the cost of 8x280AH batteries plus the wiring and BMS and enclosure....Two of these look good pricewise for a 24v bank. Curious to see how they do.
2 of these is only 100ah @ 24v so you'd be way short of a 280ah 24v pack lol

Ok, I have both on their own solar array charging...
Lotsa clouds today, but voltage rose from as shipped 13.3 to 13.6 so far, only getting around 3A in clouds, around 20A in sun...
Once full, I will tie them together and see how long they will power my minisplit in the shop, and tally overall Ah.

I posted an unboxing video on my channel.

Why so big for only 100Ah?

I'm tempted to buy 4 of them. Does the guy have an Amazon store too?

Last edited:
Why so big for only 100Ah?

I'm tempted to buy 4 of them. Does the guy have an Amazon store too?
Price is already up $100.

If it was on amazon they would be $500 lol

Edit: as of now $300 again. Huh.

|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
+ -

+
oooooooooooo

oooooooooooo

oooooooooooo

oooooooooooo
-
After looking over the build more, it appears there are just 4 smaller cables crimped to two #6 cables…
So, each pack is 3.2V, and the 4 smaller cables are just spreading out the mains connections.

Ok, first problem detected...
Cannot charge over 13.7V bms opens up.
Possibly out of balance cells, or charge limits set to prolong cycle life...
That is over 3.42v per cell... so I will check the other one today, and if the same, I will run a capacity load and see how long it runs.

I have about 760W connected to one battery passing through the victron connect shunt, I've used 45Ah, and the app is reporting 64% SOC so far so good...

Pulling around 64A out at the moment... am I draining too quickly for an accurate test? Most capacity tests I see drain at around 20A... im three times that and climbing...
I will let it complete and see where it stops.
I'm thinking it will stop early due to ampdraw pulling too fast dropping the volts below the bms or inverter low voltage disconnect of 10V...

Back