diy solar

diy solar

I found a battery on ebay, free shipping, 100Ah $299... im going to do a load test on it... should i post a video here?

Added a chain sharpener, 12V grinder, upped the wattage drain to 112W, volts around 12.01, approaching 102Ah

Nice pic status and history screens

Attachments

• 16357240503818039569066012475529.jpg
    16357240503818039569066012475529.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 16357241212766075450170844638301.jpg
    16357241212766075450170844638301.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 49
I plugged in a pair of Milwaukee chargers, and am charging my daily drills, 89W
101.1Ah 12.13V
With well over 103Ah, I'm calling this battery a great buy
Next is test the low voltage disconnect. The sensor is taped to the top of the cells, easy to reach and drop in ice water.

10V is almost total discharge, and might be pretty bad for the battery. Unless I wanted to test that BMS Low Voltage shut-off is recoverable, I'd be inclined to shut down the loads at 11.5V (a bit less than 7% SOC remaining unused), let it stabilize and re-check the Voltage again - and then extrapolate from one of our SOC versus Voltage graphs.
Pulling full capacity once or twice is not bad for a lithium battery. It's required for a true capacity test.

As for current, anything less than 1c is appropriate as long as the bms can handle it.

You'll know if it was too much current if the voltage rebounds to more than 12v when the test is done. If it doesn't, it means you're still well into the discharge knee, the battery is in good condition, and your wiring connections are good.

We're looking forward to you charging it up!
Could you tell what cells there are?

So far, I am impressed with the battery, well packaged, easily opened up to repair or inspect, well sealed, solid case, bms settings designed to limit to 98% full cells, likely has a high LVD as well, probably 10.5V
I'm at 95.3Ah and above 11.5V
Hi do you know if BMS setting can be accessed and changed ?

4 day shipping... nice case I haven't seen before.
Description shows 2 year warranty, and adjustable low temp disconnect.

They have a rack mounted 48V 50AH battery for $700.

Aside from the EG4 100AH for $1500, this has to be the cheapest battery on the market, right?

I just don't see any reviews of this model, so it seems like a real bad idea to actually buy one.

Reactions: feo
Looks to be pretty much the same cost per watt as the ec4, but ...
with the kind of investment that generally goes along with building a battery bank, I'd want someone that would stand behind their product.

I bought one of the Global Power 12V 100ah batteries also. The seller is in the US and I had a question & he promptly answered. It arrived quickly & looks to be in perfect shape. The BMS display said 13.3V & 93%. My DVM's read 13.21 & 13.24. The BMS & the Xantrex charger didn't play well together when I charged it up the 1st time. It was OK for a little while, 14.1V, 34.9 amps. I stepped out of the garage for a couple of minutes and Xantrex was limit cycling. I don't think I got more than 3 or 4 ah charge.

I figured it was charged it up, reset my Trimetric battery monitor to 100%, discharged it to 37%, recharged it to 60% (according to the battery monitor not the display). I'll have the van out in the sun tomorrow & I'll charge it back up to 100%. The Victron SCC in the van has a lifepo setting so that should go better than with the Xantrex.
The BMS SOC display appears to be worthless. After discharging 53 ah and resting open loop all night it showed 79% SOC.

But no one else on the market comes close to Eg4. Maybe some bargain basement used models from bigbattery. But we all have heard the bigbattery quality stories.

with the kind of investment that generally goes along with building a battery bank, I'd want someone that would stand behind their product.
My math has it $200 less money for the same watthours, and lighter to carry. And free shipping, and 4 day delivery from USA warehouse... no Brainerd.

2year warranty instead of 10 year though...

My math has it $200 less money for the same watthours, and lighter to carry. And free shipping, and 4 day delivery from USA warehouse... no Brainerd.

2year warranty instead of 10 year though...
Well, I probably messed up somewhere.

Five out of four people have problems with math.

15s instead of the 16s used for EG4.

And, lighter might not be better since energy density is fairly constant in LiFePO4 cells commonly used.

Back