diy solar

diy solar

I have a dumb question about panel output...

But heat being bad ju ju for panels, that apparently is not true. I wonder what the true best case conditions are to actually get 100 watts out of a 100 watt panel. Time to read up and see.
I've gotten in excess of 100 watts briefly from some of my solar panels. This was below 75 F and with them angled and pointed at the sun close to high noon. My Victron Controller saved data that showed the output maxed at 412 watts which is 103 watts per panel with 4 in parallel. I have no idea how long it was for I did not see it. I've seen it hit as high as about 95 watts, but never seen the exceeded ratings except as the max output for the day.

I've gotten in excess of 100 watts briefly from some of my solar panels. This was below 75 F and with them angled and pointed at the sun close to high noon. My Victron Controller saved data that showed the output maxed at 412 watts which is 103 watts per panel with 4 in parallel. I have no idea how long it was for I did not see it. I've seen it hit as high as about 95 watts, but never seen the exceeded ratings except as the max output for the day.
My answer to the problem was to buy another 100 watt panel and I have a third on the way. Hopefully those will be enough to keep my two 100 Amp Hour AGM's happy. Thanks to advice and links from you folks I will soon have a semi permanent set up complete with transfer switch. Just set it, and forget it. I should be able to power my wife's heating pad throughout the night (100 watts) It's a weird story but my PGE bill savings will pay for everything in a few short months. I unplugged the energy monster called central heating in a 4 bedroom home, the amount of savings is incredible and it gets even better when the new system goes online in about a week.

Back