diy solar

diy solar

I have no idea what to buy

rob3232

Hello I am new to the solar generator world and I have zero background or knowledge into this subject. The research I have done thus far seems that the Titan is the best overall but extremely expensive. However, the Bluetti seems a little bit cheaper but comes in at second best. I watched some of Minuteman Prep Youtube videos and he seems to agree that the Titan is the best although I think he maybe biased as he could be getting paid by that company I'm not sure. He produced a solar chart that ill post down below. Bluetti disputes this and says different. All in all I have no idea and was hoping for some advice. People keep telling me to build my own solar set up and save myself money but I don't have the time to learn all of this. Thanks again guys

Attachments

• solar chart.jpg
    solar chart.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 5
  • bluetti info.png
    bluetti info.png
    281.7 KB · Views: 5
Start by figuring out what you need. Others have ways to calculate energy requirements that you determine through actual usage. Get a Kilowatt and find out what energy items you want to have run need. This will force you to determine what you want to power.

For people to advise you properly you will need to provide some information. The best is different for different use cases.

Have you estimated how much power you are going to need? I.e. done a power audit. With out this everything is guess work. It’s fundamental to getting a system that will cost effectively meet your needs

Secondly what environment are you planning to use the system in? Is it a camper van, cabin, yacht, hurricane back up power etc etc

Folks here will give a lot of outstanding advice based on sound reasoning but to do that they need good info

Hope this helps

I have not done a power audit
For people to advise you properly you will need to provide some information. The best is different for different use cases.

Have you estimated how much power you are going to need? I.e. done a power audit. With out this everything is guess work. It’s fundamental to getting a system that will cost effectively meet your needs

Secondly what environment are you planning to use the system in? Is it a camper van, cabin, yacht, hurricane back up power etc etc

Folks here will give a lot of outstanding advice based on sound reasoning but to do that they need good info

Hope this helps
Thank you for your response i have not done a power audit on my house yet, im not super savvy with electrical stuff. What I know thus far is that I have 2,000 sq ft house and 2 fridges and 1 freezer. I want it just in case for a bug out scenario or if the power goes out at my house. We live in Vegas so if summer hits we got to leave.

Start by figuring out what you need. Others have ways to calculate energy requirements that you determine through actual usage. Get a Kilowatt and find out what energy items you want to have run need. This will force you to determine what you want to power.
Ok Ill have to figure this out thank you

Is this what i needed?

Attachments

• Amp1.jpg
    Amp1.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 1
  • amp 2.jpg
    amp 2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1
Then double that figure. Then work out what system will provide that, and halve it ;·)
Am I kidding? Well, yes... but up to a point :·)
sadly if he is going to try and startup multiple compressors (fridge/freezer/ac)...you are not kidding ;-)

Is this what i needed?
if you can read your meter in the morning, wait 24hrs and read it again, that would be a "sample" of your power usage for that type of day (cloudy/rainy, hot/clear, etc.)

FYI, it will be a scary big number as very few people actually understand how much power they really use...

Back