diy solar

diy solar

I need a 24 volt 16 cell diagram for connecting 1 8s BMS

Bawk80

I am trying to connect 16 lithium ion batteries in to a 24 volt system each battery is 3.2 volts when 4 are put together they make one 100 amp hour battery. The batteries are made by Calb. Also I need help connecting a 250 amp BMS which uses 9 wires for connection to the battery . Please someone help me. I have already burned out a $300 charge controller doing this. Lastly my system will be hooked up to four 400 watt solar panels. Also I will be connecting this to an 80 amp solar charge controller. Please help. I am also including pictures of my equipment mentioned 706c542fc427065c5e6d1041972cb74a.jpgCALB-CA100-CA100FL-3.2-100AH.jpg

I stole this image from someone here on the forum because I thought it was helpful. I could probably find a lot of into over in the resources tab if I felt like searching.

24-Volt-Pack Design.jpg

Last edited:
Those two 8-cell configurations have the exact same connections but the two 16-cell configurations do not. The block pack has one more connection not found in the long pack. I have no idea if that is good or bad. Just pointing it out. Just fold the long (or straight) pack in half and you get the block pack (with the + and - reversed).

Can someone please help I need a wiring diagram for a 24 volt 16 cell lithium battery system. I need an exact diagram on how to wire 1 8s BMS to the battery terminals. Which wires go to positive and negative

Scroll down to the 24V part.

How do I connect the BMS to these 16 cells. I need a complete diagram which shows all 16 cells and the exact terminals they connect to.

Those two 8-cell configurations have the exact same connections but the two 16-cell configurations do not. The block pack has one more connection not found in the
I stole this image from someone here on the forum because I thought it was helpful. I could probably find a lot of into over in the resources tab if I felt like searching.
Those two 8-cell configurations have the exact same connections but the two 16-cell configurations do not. The block pack has one more connection not found in the long pack. I have no idea if that is good or bad. Just pointing it out. Just fold the long (or straight) pack in half and you get the block pack (with the + and - reversed).
long pack. I have no idea if that is good or bad. Just pointing it out. Just fold the long (or straight) pack in half and you get the block pack (with the + and - reversed).

Also on the 16 cell 24 volt system which positive and negative terminals do I connect the solar charge controller to? Can you pont them ou for me please?

You are not ready to connect the BMS as the buss bars are not on the battery settin it up as a 24v battery 8s2p. The BMS is not designed to do that.

You are not ready to connect the BMS as the buss bars are not on the battery settin it up as a 24v battery 8s2p. The BMS is not designed to do that.
I know I have all the busbars. I only need a diagram of where each BMS wire needs to be connected after I connect all busbars

First, disconnect the plug with all the wires from the BMS both black leads the large one and the small one will connect to the negative post of the battery then on the next cell positive post connect the first red wire next to the black lead on the plug then the next red wire the next positive post and so on until all wires are connected (cell is two cells connected in parallel to act as one cell). after you are connected using a voltmeter with the negative lead connected to the black lead test the voltage on the plug to make sure the wires are connected correctly test each pin on the plug to make sure the voltage goes up as you move down the line if the voltage goes down you do not have them correct and need to retrace your connections. If you connect the plug into the BMS and they are wrong you will fry the BMS or let the smoke out and everything runs on smoke and if you let the smoke out it will not work.LOL

The 16 cell 24 volt configuration is it correct for the BMS? Do the numbers represent the BMS wire connections?

The 16 cell 24 volt configuration is it correct for the BMS? Do the numbers represent the BMS wire connections?
Yes, the top-left diagram is what you show in your picture and the numbers on how you connect the wires on the plug.

Also which terminals do I connect the charge controller positive and negative to on the battery? I burned my last one out because I chose poorly. Can you show me please?

Also which terminals do I connect the charge controller positive and negative to on the battery? I burned my last one out because I chose poorly. Can you show me please?
You connect the positive lead to the positive lead of the battery you connect the negative lead to the current shunt that is connected to the BMS.

Back