I need a DALY 8S cable assembly

GeneAL

Hello everyone, I am building an 8s, 280ah battery pack. All went well until I tried to start my DALY 250 amp smart BMS. Getting to the point, I pulled one of the sense wires from the 8S cable connector! It was just connected to the batteries (not the BMS), I pulled it from the connector accidently while moving the very heavy 8S battery pack. I asked DALY for a replacement cable, moreover, they completely ignored my offer to buy one while I was asking for help to start the BMS.
Can anyone tell me how or where to get this cable assembly?
Thanks in advance

chrisski

Solar Boondocker

GeneAL

chrisski

Solar Boondocker
I do not know if the second one will work, and the ad I looked at said “fits some brands” but had no reviews saying which BMS it went into or did not work with. The picture looks like my Daly BMS. I have a 30 amp charge, 15 amp discharge Daly BMS, so I am interested in what you find.

I do wonder what would work if I cut mine to short or rewired a battery. Hopefully a part is available and the solution is not tiny butt clamps or soldering jobs.

I know you can’t be the first person to ever need a new 8S 9 wire BMS cable. Hopefully someone answer. If you don’t have an Ali Account you can create one and message the vendor. At least with the one vendor on Ali I dealt with, Amy with the 280 Eve cells, messages are alwaus answered quickly.

We used to have a Fry’s electronics nearby, kind of like a WalMart with a few rows dedicated to this type of stuff. Unfortunately it closed. My google searches don’t find anything local, at least not big, but perhaps a room in a strip mall. It’s a shame all this type of business seems to have moved online, but you can’t beat Ali’s prices.

Mudd

Solar Enthusiast
For some reason I could not find ANYTHING related to DALY
I think the balancing cables used for RC should work. Maybe if there's a hobby shop in your area you can check if they've got something that'll work.

GeneAL

I do not know if the second one will work, and the ad I looked at said “fits some brands” but had no reviews saying which BMS it went into or did not work with. The picture looks like my Daly BMS. I have a 30 amp charge, 15 amp discharge Daly BMS, so I am interested in what you find.

I do wonder what would work if I cut mine to short or rewired a battery. Hopefully a part is available and the solution is not tiny butt clamps or soldering jobs.

I know you can’t be the first person to ever need a new 8S 9 wire BMS cable. Hopefully someone answer. If you don’t have an Ali Account you can create one and message the vendor. At least with the one vendor on Ali I dealt with, Amy with the 280 Eve cells, messages are alwaus answered quickly.

We used to have a Fry’s electronics nearby, kind of like a WalMart with a few rows dedicated to this type of stuff. Unfortunately it closed. My google searches don’t find anything local, at least not big, but perhaps a room in a strip mall. It’s a shame all this type of business seems to have moved online, but you can’t beat Ali’s prices.
II have been searching for DALY and couldn't find a balance cable. The connector type isn't known and has no identifying marking. It appears to be 0.1" spacing.
My 250 amp smart BMS status is questionable. I screwed it up by not accomplishing the "charge start" I was under the impression that the initialize could be accomplished by touching the P- to the B- but DALY said that by doing so I destroyed it!!! I doubt that doing so destroyed it. Anyway, I managed to pull a wire from the balance connector (not while the BMS was connected to the battery) so I thought I would try to find a cable to test it.

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
Hello everyone, I am building an 8s, 280ah battery pack. All went well until I tried to start my DALY 250 amp smart BMS. Getting to the point, I pulled one of the sense wires from the 8S cable connector! It was just connected to the batteries (not the BMS), I pulled it from the connector accidently while moving the very heavy 8S battery pack. I asked DALY for a replacement cable, moreover, they completely ignored my offer to buy one while I was asking for help to start the BMS.
Can anyone tell me how or where to get this cable assembly?
Thanks in advance

Daly uses a 2.0 mm spacing JST connector, so you need a 9 pin connector. They are hard to find.

A 2.54 mm spacing will not work.

The above will work, but some searching might yield better results, certainly @chrisski has a better link.

Last edited:

Swamplizard

Ready to unplug and wander the USA
Wow - I have done dozens of searches on DIYSolar and google in general and never found this.....would have saved me 2 weeks and 4 sets of wrong plug wires ordered on amazon and ebay. Guess search engines are not all they are supposed to be cracked up to be.