diy solar

diy solar

I need an inverter like this!

Yes, helped a friend change out his pump. In some parts of our valley the water table is 20 feet. Obviously the depth of the well would be where the OP would start to before he began the analysis. I also asked if he had a grid connection because there are storage alternatives if he just needs the inverter for backup.
awsome thoughts.
I do have experience pulling and replacing a well pump. direct visual experience as I sood there and watched the guy the whole time. 175' deep well. He was able to easily pull the pipe and pump up by hand and we stretched it out on the ground while he replaced the pump. Not a dificult job if you have the tech knowhow and tools. My current well is 300' deep so i imagine it will be heavier to lift out but not requiring a crane. I have contacted my Well guy and asked about replacing the pump with either a 110vac pump or a soft start pump. his price will help me decide which direction to go. This could be a near term option.

We do have grid power here and what I am looking for is to be able to get water from the well in a power outage. Some thoughts I have had on other options include pumping the water up the hill to a holding tank and then simple gravity feed back down to the house. A large enough holding tank would give us days of water without needing power. because of all the tree clearing and trenching and building involved this is a future option.

For the short term option I still think getting an Inverter powerful enough to start and run my well is the way to go. Then I have power for other necessities when the well is not pumping.

Well Pump power draws measured with a clamp meter at the panel.
240 vac split phase.
Start surge 37.31 amps. 8954 Watts.
Continuous 8 amps. 1920 Watts.

Back