diy solar

diy solar

I need help picking out a solar charge controller

I have already been recommended a 40A controller. Is this a calculation that brings you to 30?
Is it better that I go bigger?

I would prefer to go with just the one controller if that's possible as I only have the one array of panels. I don't really see any need for more?
I am unsure yet how to arrange these 3 panels whether in parallel or series but I'll come to that later when I get the components together.

I also am getting quite confused with the numbering. There's a 100/30 and there's 150/30. What's this 100V and 150V and what should this mean to me? Again, is it better to go bigger or is it just a waste of money?
Surely someone really should just put together a "campervan solar in a box" type setup for us part-time noobs :ROFLMAO:.
They do lol. Allover the place

That Victron will work nicely for you. I'm sure you will like it for many years to come.

If you had room to carry around 3 more identical panels, you could even parallel them in when you're parked, leaned against your van or something, to max out your input and get the full charge rate.

Your inverter will be limited by your BMS if lithium batteries are used. A 100 amp BMS will get you around 2000 to 2700 watts depending on battery voltage and surge rating.

The 150/45 Victron is good. Should you decide to upgrade to 48 volts, that will charge your batteries:

Back