diy solar

diy solar

I need help! Please!

Wassim.df1

Hi, I need some help please.

I recently Bought a Must Inverter PV1800 - MD: PV18-3024 VHM
I also bought 6 solar panels CanadianSolar Model Type: CS3W-455MS, (for specs, please check the attachment).

I just need to ask a few questions, if you please can support:
1- What is the recommended Solar Panel installation schematic
2- Please if you can provide the recommended settings, if not all settings at least the most important and critical.

Note: I have 2 Tubular batteries 12V 200Ah - the voltage in my country "Lebanon" operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.

I would really appreciate if you can Help.

Best,
Wassim

Attachments

• Must Inverter Specs.jpg
    Must Inverter Specs.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Solar Panels Speccs.jpg
    Solar Panels Speccs.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 6
the Hz sppears switchable to 50 so that problem is alleviated

I’d say if you did 3S2P for nominal 120V and 24A, you are not far enough inside the charge controller specs of 130V.
2S3P would be 80V and 36A and that’s still under the 80A spec and the 130V limit.

The settings are unanswerable without other info unless by tubular you are referring to cylindrical lead acid batteries? 30.8V equalize, 28.8 boost, and 27V float might be a good starting point if those were regular flooded lead acid 12V batteries in series. Do you have a manufacturers info sheet in the batteries?

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer.

Now, in your opinion, what is the best thing to do, should I add solar panels or change the inverter all the way.
For the Batteries I bought some Indian manufactured Batteries (Euronet), that's what I found in the market, and I am not sure how much reliable they are, this is a temporary solution since there is a shortage of batteries in the market especially well known brands. They are lead acid Batteries and not cylindrical, and I am not sure if I understand well what is a flooded, I think they are, they are not sealed.
While I am new to this term "Tubular" but what I know from the web, Tubular Battery Technically is the same as a Flat plate lead acid batteries (the typical one), There are minor differences though in which make a big impact on the lifespan of battery, efficiency, weight and price.
But the common use of these batteries locally is for solar power systems.

My house, and for now if the system could provide 12.5 A as I was told it should be fine

Tubular plates. Got it

12.5A at 24V? Or 12.5A 230V output? Which is a different ballgame.
What are you powering?
I ask this because without knowing daily demand your questions of if it will work are somewhat unanswerable. So what are you powering was more to do with the equipment ratings not the building. 400Ah of your batteries for example as lead acid is only 200Ah usable power. The loads make a big difference. A wildhat guess is that system may just barely work and battery life might be short. But I don’t know…

gotta leave for work.
Maybe others can jump in

Back