diy solar

diy solar

I need know the settings for my MPP LV5048 for 48v LifePo4 batteries

lllaible

I need know the settings for my MPP LV5048 for 48v LifePo4 batteries. So far it looks like Boost charge is 57.6, Float charge 55.2, back to grid (unknown), back to discharge voltage (unknown), battery cut of voltage (unknown). Thanks for any help

You have to use CUS (for custom) on program 5, then specify what you want for voltages in the other programs listed above.
Thanks I did figure that out. LOL I just don't know the correct setting for the best results.

Sorry. THought this was a "How?" question. Not "What?"

IMHO and YMMV

05: USE
12: 48.0 (3.0V/cell)
13: 57.0 (3.56V/cell)
26: 57.6 (3.6V/cell)
27: 54.4 (3.4V/cell)
29: 43.2 (2.7V/cell)

I know this thread is almost a month old now, but I believe that setting program 26 (bulk) to 57.6 volts is either pointless or dangerous - depending on what program 32 is set to.
If program 32 is set to "Auto" then the unit ignores the bulk setting (#26) and always only charges to a max CV of 54.4 volts (program 27).
If you set program 32 to a "manual" minute timer to drop back to float (#27), you really have no way of knowing what to set it for. The proper amount of time in bulk is dependent upon sunlight strength (current) available, and the SOC when Bulk begins. The timer is dumb. It needs a more sophisticated way to determine when near full SOC is achieved in order to know when to drop back to float.
This is my biggest complaint with the LV5048. There is no way to set it to safely and properly switch between bulk and float under all conditions.

If the unit is behaving the way you describe, that's not consistent with the documentation. Is this behavior documented elsewhere?

Have you actually confirmed this behavior by watching it run through an entire charge cycle?

I know that when program 32 is set to "Auto", the bulk charge voltage setting is ignored.
When set to manual it does not drop to float until the timer runs out. The timer starts when the float voltage is achieved.
This came up in another topic awhile back which you might remember.

Back