diy solar

diy solar

I need recommendation for 100A 24V 16S BMS with Bluetooth.... THX

24V and 16S are incongruent.

If your intent is to use a BMS on a 2P8S battery, you only need a single 8S BMS.

If your intent is to use two separate 8S batteries, you need a BMS for each 8S battery.

If your intent is to have 2X 24V batteries in series to form 48V, simply get a single 16S BMS.

24V and 16S are incongruent.

If your intent is to use a BMS on a 2P8S battery, you only need a single 8S BMS.

If your intent is to use two separate 8S batteries, you need a BMS for each 8S battery.

If your intent is to have 2X 24V batteries in series to form 48V, simply get a single 16S BMS.

Yeah I was hoping for a miracle ... wanting to only use one BMS - totally knew it was not going to happen - just thought that maybe someone had heard of something weird ..

Yeah I was hoping for a miracle ... wanting to only use one BMS - totally knew it was not going to happen - just thought that maybe someone had heard of something weird ..

You are middle-manager material.

As indicated above, build the battery 2P8S, and you only need 1 BMS.

Batrium functions as you imagine with "monitors" that attach to each individual battery managed by a central unit, but buying 2 8S BMS would be dramatically cheaper than Batrium.

Two BMSs also gives you redundancy. If one fails, just work on half your bank while you replace it - or you can pull one battery out to service it without taking your whole system down.

I need recommendation for 100A 24V 16S BMS with Bluetooth.... THX
Overkill at 200 amps, but I've just fired up one of these and it works quite well.
JK-B2A8S20P (because I like the lugs instead of short wires).

These JBD are quite reliable and economical, I recommend them.

I did remove the wires and solder on lugs. They also offer them from the factory that way.
Overkill sells these with better testing and a better warranty.

Reactions: Zil
Screenshot_20220316-113743_AliExpress.jpgthis is jbd new bms it's a 24 or 48v that has automatic detection of strings. I have some on order just not sure how they work yet. They were just released.

View attachment 87749this is jbd new bms it's a 24 or 48v that has automatic detection of strings. I have some on order just not sure how they work yet. They were just released.
Excellent ... will follow up to see how they work ... we found the factory where I think that OVERKILL is getting their stuff made and its basically about 60% less ... i want to test some out when they finally get here to see if it is indeed the same .... i don't mind getting clones - just as long as the clone is not crap ..

View attachment 87749this is jbd new bms it's a 24 or 48v that has automatic detection of strings. I have some on order just not sure how they work yet. They were just released.
I wonder if this would work on a telsa 24 volt battery ? I curious how your implementation works out. How long until delivery ?

Excellent ... will follow up to see how they work ... we found the factory where I think that OVERKILL is getting their stuff made and its basically about 60% less ... i want to test some out when they finally get here to see if it is indeed the same .... i don't mind getting clones - just as long as the clone is not crap ..
If you find the actual factory, let us know. I know that several companies are related, but don't have a clue which is the actual owner/designer.
I know the Alibaba store will customize if you order enough, and they say the Aliexpress store is theirs. I suspect LTT is related or a subsidiary, but don't know. I know the form factor you are looking at may be longer than you expect, it is longer than 8 of the EVE 105AH cells (I know someone that bought one, he was quite surprised).

Edit to add, for LLT (or lithium battery) the last link above says "is a Branch institution of JBD Group".

The about on Alibaba is very believable, I worked in electronics manufacturing and can tell you the pictures are the real deal here, so it looks like someone at least took accurate pictures of some manufacturer:

Last edited:
Back