diy solar

diy solar

I saw the dumbest bumper sticker today

Hmmm...
I kind of enjoy circles...
However there is one in a shopping center near me...
Believe it or not, there are 4way stop signs on each outlet from the circle...
The designer needs an education on the purpose of a traffic circle.

You want a real evil roadway, how about those freeway intersections that flip you to the opposite side of the road for crossing... diamonds or somesuch..some such... charlotte and lake Norman are eat up with them.

You want a real evil roadway, how about those freeway intersections that flip you to the opposite side of the road for crossing... diamonds or somesuch..some such... charlotte and lake Norman are eat up with them.

There is one in Cheyenne, Wyoming where the truck stops are. It works well, but you have to be really on the ball and follow the signs.

If you enjoy the roundabouts, go to Mexico. They use them everywhere and they work really well. I call it organized chaos. Continuous flow and no accidents.

Clear cutting also helps with forest fires.
I know you are being funny but in many cases it does not (but is a common belief and why I am commenting). The dead brush/slash piles typically left over and/or large number of skinny saplings that come up create a large fuel source. Old growth trees that have had ground fires go through are much less susceptible.

I know you are being funny but in many cases it does not (but is a common belief and why I am commenting). The dead brush/slash piles typically left over and/or large number of skinny saplings that come up create a large fuel source. Old growth trees that have had ground fires go through are much less susceptible.

No, I was not being funny. I've seen myself where a forest fire took out one side of a clear cut section and the other side was still alive. It was a recent clear cut so there was no new growth to sustain the fire. I've walked through many clear cut areas. While not perfectly clean, they have little brush and slash. In one of those areas there was a huge woodchip pile that I assume was from when they ground up the cut off limbs.

No, I was not being funny. I've seen myself where a forest fire took out one side of a clear cut section and the other side was still alive. It was a recent clear cut so there was no new growth to sustain the fire. I've walked through many clear cut areas. While not perfectly clean, they have little brush and slash. In one of those areas there was a huge woodchip pile that I assume was from when they ground up the cut off limbs.
Okay.. they must do things differently in different parts of the country... some make it more fire safe than others.

Strip mining prevents forest fires

I wonder how much whisky it took to thunk that one up. ?
Not only is this politically correct, it probably came with a $250,000 Government grant to do the research.

This person may look really dumb to you, but he, she, or it, is probably spending the cash and pissing themselves laughing........

That is how the world seems to work these days.

Last edited:
Back