diy solar

diy solar

I smell a rat...

It is true, in the end it is "we" who allowed all the crap to build up. And weak leaders allowed this to happen as well, over the course of decades by now.

I don't buy Chinese made products as long as I have an option. None of my tools are made in China, most come from Germany or other EU countries, some from the US. I just bought a TIG welder. Instead of buying one of those $200 to $900 TIG welders on Amazon, made in China, I spent 6k on a high quality system made in Austria. The welding table doesn't come from Harbor Freight or Northern Tools but a small US based fabrication shop. Instead of getting away with 200 bucks, I spent 1k on it.

I have been preaching to buy US or at least non China made products for a very long time, but most don't want to hear it. They rather buy the same cheap crap every 2 years after it breaks, than a quality tool that may outlast them.

PS: our stock market and housing market is in a bubble, so a correction will come, at some point. The Feds printing money and increasing our national debt with no end in sight will seal that deal. If we end up in hyper-inflation, it will take decades to recover.
Damn, I need a TIG machine. I have a Millermatic 251 and a Hypertherm 1000 plasma cutter.. But I'm still limited on my abilities as welding small aluminum requires TIG. Need to get a lathe or a vertical mill as well.

I don't focus on buying USA made products, just stuff that isn't made in China, and absolute nothing made AND owned in China.. although, like everything else, there are some minor exceptions I allow for small nickel and dime stuff. I'm not going to fret over a USB cable or the salt and pepper shakers.. But my boots are made in Canada, my optics are made in Japan, my solar is mostly German, and my winter coat is made in Russia.

When hyper-inflation hits, doesn't real estate go through the roof? We keep four 55 gallon drums full of 19-19-19 fertilizer, one drum of the Miracle-Gro, several hundred gallons of diesel, and enough heirloom seeds to feed a small community if needed. If inflation hits hard, we'll just go back to growing our own food again. It isn't even that hard to do...

Damn, I need a TIG machine. I have a Millermatic 251 and a Hypertherm 1000 plasma cutter.. But I'm still limited on my abilities as welding small aluminum requires TIG. Need to get a lathe or a vertical mill as well.

I don't focus on buying USA made products, just stuff that isn't made in China, and absolute nothing made AND owned in China.. although, like everything else, there are some minor exceptions I allow for small nickel and dime stuff. I'm not going to fret over a USB cable or the salt and pepper shakers.. But my boots are made in Canada, my optics are made in Japan, my solar is mostly German, and my winter coat is made in Russia.

When hyper-inflation hits, doesn't real estate go through the roof? We keep four 55 gallon drums full of 19-19-19 fertilizer, one drum of the Miracle-Gro, several hundred gallons of diesel, and enough heirloom seeds to feed a small community if needed. If inflation hits hard, we'll just go back to growing our own food again. It isn't even that hard to do...

That's funny, I have a Millermatric 211 on my purchase list for MIG jobs. I'm still learning to TIG aluminum, its on another level for sure.

With hyper-inflation it is not the value of properties and possessions going up, it is the money that loses its buying power. People will start using other currencies or commodities. If your assets are in cash or in the US dollar, you won't be able to get anything of value for it. If you exchange it in time for real estate, rare metals, etc, You can not only save your skin but make a lot of money as well.

I hope that we see the real estate market coming down before anything else crashes. Once that happens I will move my assets into more land. Even if the economy totally tanks, I too have the tools and skills to live decently on my own land.

It is nice to see that some people understand what is really going on.
The majority of the world knows what is going on and they are sitting back waiting for North America to destroy itself with the current culture wars. I honestly dont think we will actually recover from this round if it doesn't stop very soon. China or Russia will end up being the world leaders after a few more years of this garbage.

Unless you speak Russian you will have to turn subtitles on.

Back