diy solar

diy solar

I think I ordered a useless battery monitor (PZEM 015)

Given that it reports Wh and mAh and current, and it has a shunt, I would expect that it is collecting all of the data needed, including coulomb counting, to report SoC, I would expect the SoC to be based on programmed capacity.

Maybe watch this?

And read this:

It may only work in one direction.
I watched the video several times. I think at the ~30min mark, he meant to say set the LiFePO4 max voltage and NOT nominal voltage. So instead of setting the max voltage to 12.4 which is what he programmed in the monitor, he should have set it to 3.65x4=14.6V. Does anyone else see it this way?

Hi guys,

I ordered a cheapo battery monitor (threw all my monee in the lifepo4 lol) here it is, and I was wondering something, the SOC displayed on the screen should not be accurate since it is not a coulombmeter but just an estimation based on the voltage.
Since I have a lifepo4 the voltage varies very little so this type of display can not correctly estimate the SOC am I wrong? You would need a coulomb-meter for that (which counts the real current that has been used).
Or am I talking nonsense and the displayed battery soc is indeed based on the outgoing current? What do you think, those who have this device? thank you

View attachment 140034
Meters that DON’T have shunt are surely measuring SOC simply upon voltage and can’t be trusted to be accurate at all. But as others have pointed out, the meter you mention does have a shunt, so you should be getting a much more accurate soc measurement.

Coulomb calculation with a shunt can accurately monitor the battery power, because its working principle is to record the current * time, the charging time capacity increases, the discharging time capacity decreases, and the relative voltage measurement is accurate

Back