diy solar

diy solar

I think I've been scammed!!

The plot thickens.

So the seller refused option 2 and accepted option 1 ( didn't know they had a choice!)

So the dispute has gone back to Aliexpress for 'final resolution'

I think the seller is clutching at straws!

1659614248441.jpg

I wonder if they will ever come to the conclusion that false advertising can hurt their profits?.............nah!........

"I've been scammed" and "Aliexpress" in the same sentence, who would have thought it?

Honestly the first HUGE clue should have been that they're the same size as your 150's. Efficiency of solar panels varies over a very tiny range. Cheap panels are around 18 percent, the best panels are about 22 percent. There's absolutely no way they're going to get 50 percent more output from the same area, it's simply not possible with current technology.
I must say that I'm talking about somewhat older panels but there was a time that 100 watt panels were comprised of 6" cells in a 4 x 9 configuration. Efficiency has vastly improved in the last 15 - 20 years and now those same size format panels are getting up to 190 watts output.

I must say that I'm talking about somewhat older panels but there was a time that 100 watt panels were comprised of 6" cells in a 4 x 9 configuration. Efficiency has vastly improved in the last 15 - 20 years and now those same size format panels are getting up to 190 watts output.
I think it’s more that the cells are placed closer together in a tighter package. Efficiency in cell surface area hasn’t improved much in the last 30 years, but yeah, panels have shrunk somewhat for sure.

I think it’s more that the cells are placed closer together in a tighter package. Efficiency in cell surface area hasn’t improved much in the last 30 years, but yeah, panels have shrunk somewhat for sure.
I keep track of some panels in a spreadsheet. I put in STC power, dimensions/weight/costs etc for my own use.
My "old school" 158 watt kyocera panels of which I have the most are 124 watt/m2 or 11.5 watt/sq ft and my highest efficiency panels are some solaria 365 watt with 201 watt/m2 or 18.75/sq ft. That is a 40% increase in power density. My oldest panels are 20 years old, the new ones 2 years (and there are now even higher density ones out, I just don't have them yet)

I just helped a buddy put up an array consisting of 8 Astropower 110 watt panels The cell size and clipped corners is pretty much identical to any 6" monocrystalline cells today, just like the 190 watt panels in question.

AliExpress's 'Final Solution' sounds a little ominous.

Hopefully neither of us are sent to a camp, but I'll keep you updated!

Screenshot_2022-08-04-21-32-05-155_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

In your search on aliexpress always search for 4 stars of more then you dont see vendors that tell you this and send you some other also read the messenges from other buyers. if they have not messages from buyers they are probery new and you cannot trust them. ( 3 star or less )

Back