diy solar

diy solar

I tried Hunan Huahui New Energy Co and see the result

Oaristys

Hi folks ! Here is a buyer beware about Hunan Huahui New Energy Co.

I know that many of you keep an eye on the evolution of the promising lithium titanate (LTO) cells. I just take this moment to remind you to carefull and aware of the fake products. I've let my guard down in my engineering process. Here is my my story with Hunan Huahui New Energy Co.

I'm a product engineer and I work on the developpement of high reliability and highly customized solar roducts. I've seen these solderable capacitor shaped LTO cells offered on Alibaba, Aliexpress and some well known online suppliers like GWL, AA Portable Power Corps and other. I've ordered one hundread of two parellel cells 2.4 V 2,600 mAh LTO packs with an built-in BMS. What we've got, really late, was horrible.

Hunan Huahui New Energy Co. ship us pack made with these yellow 2.4V 18650 1300 mAh cells (See the attached logo). At first, they were looking good. They arrived charged at 2.5 V. But when tested, they behaved just like regular Lithium cells and charge normally over 4 V. On top of that, that said "BMS" was in fact just an array of shunt resistors that makes the BMS dissipate power as heat over a voltage threshold. There were NO min or max voltage cut off.

I had to solve that issue. When I've tried to get a feedback to Hunan Huahui New Energy Co., they first act as if they didn't understand the issue. Then they tried to put it on my fault and finally, faced to all the evidences, they admit the problem. But instead of solving it, they bought time by acting like they were working on it. Month of excuses later, they still didn't solve or ship anything.

There are few good manufacturers like Yinlong for LTO products, but Hunan Huahui New Energy Co. is NOT one of them. Don't embarassed yourself and avoid touching this supplier even with a 10 foot pole, unless you want to be your coworker's runing joke for a while !

Cheers !

Attachments

• Huahui-New-Energy-HTC-Series-Lithium-Titanate-Battery.jpg
    Huahui-New-Energy-HTC-Series-Lithium-Titanate-Battery.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 7
  • img_thermal_1679343131925.jpg
    img_thermal_1679343131925.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG20230320165300.jpg
    IMG20230320165300.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG20230320173217.jpg