diy solar

diy solar

I turned my truck into a generator

Guda

Superstrut Strut
This was one heckofa build. Some information I got from this very forum helped me build this BMF. Its a work in progress. Will be adding more wiring & new batteries under the hood to up the capabilities. I am also adding about 1000w of solar & a MC 250 SCC. I might build a rack for my trailer to hold a array. A setup like this can do some things. Search & rescue, emergencies, glamping & more! I would recommend just building everything yourself if you are looking to have something like this.

Thanks guys!

Brrrr... that looks so cold...
I would have started with a PVC/plastic greenhouse ... just to put the truck in so I'd be out of the wind/cold while working on it. ;)
Let us know how well those weather strips work at keeping the dust out, sounds like a genius idea.

I would recommend you ditch the rain covers on the electrical outlets, and install water tight gasketed latching or spring loaded covers.
Those covers will flap around when you drive, and fall off. Also, they will let water into the outlets when you drive.

Some days were very cold, other not so bad. A PVC greenhouse would have been great for a few days. Then 60mph wind would come... Compared to most other places our weather is pretty mild. Its only been in the teens a few nights since Oct.

The gasket is working pretty good in the snow so far.
I would recommend you ditch the rain covers on the electrical outlets, and install water tight gasketed latching or spring loaded covers.
Those are spring closure. little buggers aren't the easiest things to open either.

Back