diy solar

diy solar

I was banned yesterday and I want to help investigate the root cause.

sunrise

Hello,
The day before yesterday I received multiple warnings from site mod @Supervstech about I hitting 'report' link, instead of 'reply'.
and a few hours later I was banned. I have tried to message @Supervstech but he/she just sent me a screenshot of the page with report and reply links (circled in red)

Also I am located in PNW, US, not China, and I do not use any translation software.

the report and reply buttons are pretty far apart so I mistakenly clicked on wrong button multiple times are not possible.

But I have some theory about while this happened, I can do more test but I don't want to be banned again.

Let me know.

I added an image of the report you posted.
It looks like Will may have banned you.

Attachments

• 7D82D4CD-3992-4BC4-BA56-F3240EA0C917.png
    7D82D4CD-3992-4BC4-BA56-F3240EA0C917.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 85
Thanks @Supervstech, after receiving your warning I paid even more attention to the links. there is no way I hit the wrong link, not to mention multiple times. I am wondering if the page's javascript or markup was messed up by Grammar.ly plugin? I disabled it today. It's a free plugin and maybe you can install it and test it?
Reading from your post in this sub forum seems like this is common.

Report button should maybe have a "confirmation/cancel" option before it takes you down the hole.
I had to be either very drunk or high to not be able to tell, especially after warnings from mod. :)

You don't want to mess with the Report button.
It's only to be used if you've seen something offensive or against the rules of the board and want to bring the post to the Immediate attention of the mods with a view to removing it. (The only time I can recall using it recently was to report a post with a link to blatant commercial marketing, unrelated to the given title of the post - a definite no no.)

So if someone "cries wolf" like this frequently, intentionally or not, the mods will understandably lose patience pretty quick.

It's only to be used if you've seen something offensive or against the rules of the board and want to bring the post to the Immediate attention of the mods with a view to removing it. (The only time I can recall using it recently was to report a post with a link to blatant commercial marketing, unrelated to the given title of the post - a definite no no.)

So if someone "cries wolf" like this frequently, intentionally or not, the mods will understandably lose patience pretty quick.
No, we are fine with getting reports, ANYHING that seems trolling, or spam, or obscene etc... is great to report. That is why we are here... but a report with an obvious reply in it is an error, and we let the members know when they do this.

There was something really wrong with the site. I clicked on the OP’s post before any replies and there was stuff (lots) that I have never seen in the reply box. I decided to just back out.

Yep, definitely understand the purpose of 'report' button, I work for a company that literally handles billions of user posts and reports of spam and abuse on daily basis :)

If mod received one mis-sent report, then it's possible that I might have done that on a mobile device in a rush, as I am not familiar with UI on mobile site, but if mod received multiple of them then something was definitely wrong, and I was trying to find out what that was.

Yep, definitely understand the purpose of 'report' button, I work for a company that literally handles billions of user posts and reports of spam and abuse on daily basis :)

If mod received one mis-sent report, then it's possible that I might have done that on a mobile device in a rush, as I am not familiar with UI on mobile site, but if mod received multiple of them then something was definitely wrong, and I was trying to find out what that was.
Yes, I banned you. Glad to hear it was just a mistake ? sounds good.

Thanks @Supervstech, after receiving your warning I paid even more attention to the links. there is no way I hit the wrong link, not to mention multiple times. I am wondering if the page's javascript or markup was messed up by Grammar.ly plugin? I disabled it today. It's a free plugin and maybe you can install it and test it?
Reading from your post in this sub forum seems like this is common.
I have been using grammarly for nearly a decade, and haven't had an issue with cross compatiblity with this site.

Back