diy solar

diy solar

I would like to see Will put the new Harbor Freight monocrystalline 100watt panel to the test. With a coupon it is quite affordable.

When COVID hit HF stopped coupons - I tried three or five times to dredge one up a few months back and had zero luck... their 'premium' membership has some extra perks but plain 20% off coupons appear extinct.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong if someone can find a link...

Someone wanting a quick simple system, then yes it might be worth it. If you are DIY then you can do so much better. The sale price does make it look to be a hard deal to beat for 100 watts.

Lowes has a Grape solar 100 watt panel for $84 and they will ship it to the store for free. Home depot also has a couple of 100 watt panels for less than $100. And the ones I saw use typical solar connectors.

Harbor Freight is missing out on profit. Real PV panels (not toys) biggest hurtle is shipping expense. Specially buying only one or two. No doubt, not a issue for HF. Now their "solar" is just a trivial waste of time and money. Strange because most of their tools are serious.

Last edited:
Back