diy solar

diy solar

Idea for Battery Box

renze

Hi all. My second post on this forum. Will (many many thanks for all your input and effort) asked in one off his youtube film for a better idea for a battery box. Maybe i have one. I tried to build my first LiFePo4 battery for on board, to use it with a electric outboard motor for the dingy. So i saw a lot off youtube films from Will, Thanks Again. So in one off his films will asked if there is a better solution for the battery box.
I did have requirements for my project. It had to be small, light, firm and that you could lift it very easy (in and out the dingy on sea).
In europe there is the cargo boxes, the eupoean sizes boxes. European Euronorm standard sizes (different sizes for different use). They are really firm and well constructed only for storage off goods. So i bought a small one with lid, hinges and closure and installed teh battery and BMS. size 300x200x190H (mm). Because off the small cells it fits all together nicely. I will post also a 2 pictures off the project.

For example i bought this one, but there are many more:

IMG_5236.jpgIMG_5237.jpgIMG_5239.jpg5240.jpg

Did you add any spacers or packing to keep the cells from sliding around inside?

i did use VHB from 3m for between the cells with large tyraps. Between Cells and BMS a thin alyer off shippings foam. Between cells and outerbox also shippings foam IMG_5240.jpgdepending on the layer thickness I had to fill

That box looks clean, I like it. What size cells do you have in there and how many?

the cells i used are the cells wich Will used in his youtube film:

The sizes per cell is app 3,5 cm x 13 cm x 20 cm. I just used 4 off them to get 14 volts (not a real bank, but i could not get the right forum for LiFe Po 4 batterys). But for a bigger battery bank you can use a bigger box, also availble.

My box (300x200x190 mm with lid and hinges and closures) costed 13 euros ex shipping incl taxes in Holland (21%). What is cheaper then a battery box in Holland witch is about 20 euros (new).

this webshop is a dutch webshop. I dont know if they send it overseas.

you can ask.

great, are they selling in the states ass well?
and i cannt see the smaller ones with haches lid and closures its handy.

great, are they selling in the states ass well?
and i cannt see the smaller ones with haches lid and closures its handy.
I couldn’t figure out their request form, so I sent them an email for pricing and delivery info.

this webshop is a dutch webshop. I dont know if they send it overseas.

you can ask.
Thanks for sharing the link. Time to go measure my battery build.

For those interested, I contacted them on the original dutch page via the chat function (bottom right hand corner). Shipping to the Czech Republic (I'm guessing other places in Europe as well) is 12.50Eur. This seems very reasonable and this was for the larger 400mm box.

Back