diy solar

diy solar

Ideas for Battery Bank Storage?

kevolones

Hello everyone!

I ordered 4 of these Kilovault batteries and Im looking for shelf/rack (or anything else) ideas for them.

Would love to see pics of your system if possible. If you were able to "enclose" or cover everything so it looks nice and clean, even better!! Id prefer to have most of the system enclosed since there is a kid in the house and it will be a 48v system.

P.S. I intend to use them together with an MPP Solar LVX6048 for my parent's house.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Would storing these batteries in one of these be a bad idea? (Linked below)

Ive been looking for some kind of metal cabinet to store them in but havent had any luck finding one...mainly because these batteries are 20" long.

Keter Marvel Plus 71 Gallon Resin Outdoor Box for Patio Furniture Cushion Storage, Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RZM9332/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_CBK811HR4NHA68AEA6AG

Are you mounting the battery box indoors or outside? I wouldn't trust that box to be weather proof but if you're just looking for something nice looking in the garage it should work fine. Worst case scenario you end up having to get some sort of cooling fan system involved for those hot days. That's easy though.

Are you mounting the battery box indoors or outside? I wouldn't trust that box to be weather proof but if you're just looking for something nice looking in the garage it should work fine. Worst case scenario you end up having to get some sort of cooling fan system involved for those hot days. That's easy though.
Indoors.

Yeah something that looks decent and helps keep some separation from the kids, cats, etc. I wouldnt like having the batteries completely exposed.

Thanks Rednecktek!

Is there a room you can put a lock on the door? Having batteries and cables down inside a box makes wiring them up uncomfortable, and prone to accidents. I like to place up on a shelf. Or on the floor.

Yeah something that looks decent and helps keep some separation from the kids, cats, etc
The “kid factor” with little fingers everywhere is important.

I forgot about the kid factor now that mine are adults. I was explaining to someone where I wanted to move my batteries, and he mentioned that would not be a good place because of his toddlers.

Battery shelf from Unistrut build in a solar shed. Build starts at 6:00

Interesting shelf build! Looks very solid, I hadnt thought of putting the batteries at the top of the wall. Ill check if thats something that would work for me.

Is there a room you can put a lock on the door? Having batteries and cables down inside a box makes wiring them up uncomfortable, and prone to accidents. I like to place up on a shelf. Or on the floor.
I wish I had a small room or closet for this purpose. That would be the best. Unfortunately it is a small old house. The house's main panel is in the kitchen so there is no way to put the system there either. Our "garage" has a wall that is shared with the kitchen and thats where Im planning on installing everything (so far).

I follow that channel on YouTube. The guy is a retired electrician and does nice work.
I just subbed to their channel as well. The couple has very good chemistry (at least on camera!) and the video was fun to watch.

I follow that channel on YouTube. The guy is a retired electrician and does nice work.
Yup I've watched most of their videos. I've learned a lot.

That channel is currently making then between $290k & $400k per year

Wow. That is how they afford all those projects.
I think that's how he was able to retire as an electrician. If you go back and watch the first year or 2 he's still working. They bought a pile of acres in N west Virginia and moved from DC area. And for the first bit he communicated the 3-5 HR drive back and forth for work and they built on the weekend and after work.

Back