diy solar

diy solar

Identify cells and QR codes

squowse

Solar Enthusiast
Can I get an app to decode these QR codes? My iPhone camera (and a couple of apps I've tried) don't recognise them.

Also should I be concerned that some of these "lishen" cells have different colour round the vent? Some have the shrink wrap on the bottom and some not.
The transparent plastic on one vent has peeled a tiny bit. The aluminium foil appears intact though.

Attachments

• IMG_5902.JPG
    IMG_5902.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 35
Please search the forum.

I believe in the resource section there is Document that describes partly on how to read.

It can give you production date, that's about all the useful information.

It's a code for the factory and not to be able to read with normal QR code reader.

Please search the forum.

I believe in the resource section there is Document that describes partly on how to read.

It's a code for the factory and not to be able to read with normal QR code reader.
Thanks again!

Please search the forum.

Is that for the EVE cells? I'm unable to find anything for Lishen. Also ifni can't read the QR code then there's no numbers to use.

Your QR doesn't have numbers (hex values) on the side?
That's a bummer.

Many have tried to get in-depth information from the QR code and many failed.
The latest white paper from the Eve show some insight in what the numbers and letters relate to, what tells some about the production date, that's all we can decode.

Without hex values...
I'm afraid you are out of luck.

Even with, all info you get is the production date...

When you find, please share.
Thanks!

Hi, newcomer here.
I've recently by chance bought 4 pcs '280Ah' no name new LiFePO4-cells from a reputable (according to many positive feedbacks) seller in China.
As everything so far seams to be good and I have nothing to complain about, I can expose the wendors name here: Tewaycell Battery Store
They were shipped by ocean freight and now delivered to me in Sweden after 3 months of nervous waiting.
The seller was very responsive and answered very quick when I messed them about tracking and other delivery infos.

The price was USD524 for all 4 including freight. Total USD655 including 20% Alixxx-EU-VAT that was accepted by the Swedish customs, so they cleared the Swedish PostNord postal customs without any additional charges (info for Swedish people here)

The cells were neatly packed in foam compartments in a box, so luckily no damages on the cells. But the box was heavily battered from the many transport loadings and unloadings along the way.
The cells really appeared to be new without scratches or any marks of being used. No traces of swelling and with welded studs.
4 extremely (unnecessarily) thick and stiff red copper straps and 8x ordinary steel washers & nuts were bipacked)

There is a readable etched QR-code on a stiff aluminium plate in the hard plastic top cover.
BTW anyone here recognize the brand?

When I of curiousity try to read the QR with my iPhone or iPad i get a string of letters like this:
08BCBPB21AA011AAR1101401
Anyone know how to decode it or some of it?

Measured voltages & resistane was: 3.2674V/0.14mOhm, 3.2720V/0.15mOhm, 3.2718V/0,15mOhm & 3.2805V/0.15mOhm
Dimensions W72xD174xH220 (including studs) Weight 5163g - 5177g

Attachments

• EBE79991-F43B-427B-B85B-8EE3B21A4A69.jpeg
    EBE79991-F43B-427B-B85B-8EE3B21A4A69.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 16
  • FEEF96D9-6CAD-4679-9DF3-4482F19BEF52.jpeg
    FEEF96D9-6CAD-4679-9DF3-4482F19BEF52.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 61DDD866-9772-4214-9AC5-5BA1125BDE5B.jpeg
    61DDD866-9772-4214-9AC5-5BA1125BDE5B.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 77D7977A-AD25-44F0-AC06-661FC50610E9.png
    77D7977A-AD25-44F0-AC06-661FC50610E9.png
    549.1 KB · Views: 19
They look like EVE cells.

$655 for 4 cells, $163.75 per cell isn't the cheapest buy, but you do have studs!!
That's a great day plus for installation.

During the start of pandemic the cells went for +/- $100,- for 280Ah, include transport and tax.

No studs back then :)
Happy that you are happy.

In the resource section there are the white papers about the eve 280's that tell you some about the QR code (or better the hexadecimal code on the edge of the QR)

Greets from an off-grid European in Thailand :)

Hi, newcomer here.
I've recently by chance bought 4 pcs '280Ah' no name new LiFePO4-cells from a reputable (according to many positive feedbacks) seller in China.
As everything so far seams to be good and I have nothing to complain about, I can expose the wendors name here: Tewaycell Battery Store
They were shipped by ocean freight and now delivered to me in Sweden after 3 months of nervous waiting.
The seller was very responsive and answered very quick when I messed them about tracking and other delivery infos.

The price was USD524 for all 4 including freight. Total USD655 including 20% Alixxx-EU-VAT that was accepted by the Swedish customs, so they cleared the Swedish PostNord postal customs without any additional charges (info for Swedish people here)

The cells were neatly packed in foam compartments in a box, so luckily no damages on the cells. But the box was heavily battered from the many transport loadings and unloadings along the way.
The cells really appeared to be new without scratches or any marks of being used. No traces of swelling and with welded studs.
4 extremely (unnecessarily) thick and stiff red copper straps and 8x ordinary steel washers & nuts were bipacked)

There is a readable etched QR-code on a stiff aluminium plate in the hard plastic top cover.
BTW anyone here recognize the brand?

When I of curiousity try to read the QR with my iPhone or iPad i get a string of letters like this:
08BCBPB21AA011AAR1101401
Anyone know how to decode it or some of it?

Measured voltages & resistane was: 3.2674V/0.14mOhm, 3.2720V/0.15mOhm, 3.2718V/0,15mOhm & 3.2805V/0.15mOhm
Dimensions W72xD174xH220 (including studs) Weight 5163g - 5177g

These are Lishen 272 cells, here is decoded information from https://www.gobelpower.com/lifepo4_decoder.html

LiFePO4-Cells-QR-Codes-Decoder-GobelPower-com.png

Thank you very much for that info & link. Was of great help to validate my cells, as they're used in an emergency setup.
That they're 272Ah instead of 280Ah is of no concern in my application. More important is the origin from a quality manufacturer.
Strange Tewaycell don't state the manufacturer in the ads, but they may want the freedom to deliver from different brands.

@Frank in Thailand,
Thanks for your comments and greatings. Glad you're happy there in Thailand and have gone off grid!

The price for 4 Pcs of, what we now know LiShen 272Ah cells, was $524 including freight to my door. The total of $655 was including the Swedish 25% added VAT, that Alixxx is charging directly in an EU agreement and forwarded to the swedish customs.
So there was no other extra custom clerance or delivey costs over that.

I'm actually also in Thailand at the Merriot Marquis Bangkok Hotel right now and have been in Thailand for some month, but returning to Sweden in a week. A lot of sunshine to use here.......

Best Regards //Johan

@TheSwede

Thank you for your kind words :)
Yes, lots of sun here, and low priced panels.
Perhaps not top quality, but they perform good for the price!

When you return to Thailand, think about Isaan :)
We are close to Laos border, not too far from Nong Khai, Vientiane, and Udon Thani.

While not far, doesn't make it a quick trip...
Lol.
It takes us about 20-30 minutes to get to the "main road".

While just 40-45 km to Udon Thani town, it's 1, 1.5 hour drive to get there.

Quite different from Sweden!
(Except for winter time ☺️)

I love Sweden, just wish it wasn't so darn cold :)
Best bread and smoked salmon on the globe!

Back