diy solar

diy solar

Identifying a legacy(?) rail mount system to find brackets/bolts/hardware

Influencer

I got ahold of these old solar mount rails. Since, correct me if I'm wrong, it appears these won't work with the current standard z-brackets, mid clamps, etc (seems to be too wide?), I'm wondering if anyone can identify what these rails are called and maybe a place I where could find all the other necessary parts, even if it means mix and matching bolts, clamps, etc. I've been looking, but I can't seem to find anything that really fits this design. I'd like to try and mount it to the roof using Ironridge FlashVues.

I have a few 100Watt HQST panels I'd like to mount to my detached garage's asphalt shingle roof, and am currently trying to decide if it's worth it to do a rail so if I upgrade to more/larger panels all the mounting hardware will be there. But maybe that discussion can be another forum thread.

IMG_9672.jpegIMG_9671.jpegIMG_9674.jpegIMG_9678.jpegIMG_9673.jpeg

Last edited:
So the guy who gave me these rails ended up finding a few of the original clamps. If anyone has any insight into what these are called or where to get them, that would be great. Particularly the bottom piece that fits into the rail (the upper part I'll probably have to change anyway). I have the feeling this is very legacy and proprietary, but it's worth a try.

Attachments

• IMG_9733.jpeg
    IMG_9733.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9735.jpeg
    IMG_9735.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9736.jpeg
    IMG_9736.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 11
Back