diy solar

diy solar

IGrid SV II 5KW Fault code 11 (PV voltage over)

reimanny

Hello,
I finally wired up the batteries and connected the batteries to the inverters, I changed settings for all three inverters and connected the PV.
After some minutes the inverter starts to show error code 11, that's PV voltage over.

I looked up that the inverter can handle 450 V input from the PV only.
After I measured the PV input it's:
first inverter: 451,2 V
second inverter: 450,5 V
third inverter: 452.4 V

Can I do something about it to prevent the error?

The hybrid inverter is called: IGrid SV II 5KW

Thanks in advance.

So, you're going over voltage on the PV side - that's why you get the error. Your string voltage is too high for the MPPT input of the inverter. You'd have to remove a panel on each string to bring this down to what the MPPT can accept.

So, you're going over voltage on the PV side - that's why you get the error. Your string voltage is too high for the MPPT input of the inverter. You'd have to remove a panel on each string to bring this down to what the MPPT can accept.
Thank you for your answer.

I will detach one panel of each row.

So, you're going over voltage on the PV side - that's why you get the error. Your string voltage is too high for the MPPT input of the inverter.
Thank you for your answer.

I will detach one panel of each row.

Make sure you do this in a safe way - you're dealing with over 400V here.

Ok, was on the roof and detached one panel of each row. Now the fault code is away and every row has now around 410 V.
Thanks very much.

Eine einfache Methode, die Leerlaufspannung unter 450V zu bringen wäre ein Emitterfolger, dessen Kollektor von den Solarmodulen gespeist wird, dessen Basis zB auf 445 V (fest, über Schutzwiderstand) liegt und dessen Emitter mit dem Wechselrichter verbunden ist (oder CMOS analog verschalten). Der MPPT regelt ohnehin auf eine niedrigere Spannung, sodass der Emitterfolger im Belastungsfall voll durchgeschaltet ist.
Oder man könnte ein Relais mit Belastungswiderstand einschalten, wenn die Spannung über 445V steigt.

Ich denke es ist sicherer und weniger fehleranfällig nur sicherzustellen, dass die Reihe von Panels nicht das Maximum überschreitet das Ihr Controller verarbeiten kann...

Ich denke es ist sicherer und weniger fehleranfällig nur sicherzustellen, dass die Reihe von Panels nicht das Maximum überschreitet das Ihr Controller verarbeiten kann...
Natürlich, nur der Energieverlust wäre geringer mit Emitterfolger.

ضع العلم البريطاني على أحد الألواح الشمسية

Setzen Sie die britische Flagge auf einen der Sonnenkollektoren
Put the British flag on one of the solar panels
ضع العلم البريطاني على أحد الألواح الشمسية
Gute Idee, Smokin ;-)
فكرة جيدة ، سموكين
fikrat jayidat , sumukin

Eine einfache Methode, die Leerlaufspannung unter 450V zu bringen wäre ein Emitterfolger, dessen Kollektor von den Solarmodulen gespeist wird, dessen Basis zB auf 445 V (fest, über Schutzwiderstand) liegt und dessen Emitter mit dem Wechselrichter verbunden ist (oder CMOS analog verschalten). Der MPPT regelt ohnehin auf eine niedrigere Spannung, sodass der Emitterfolger im Belastungsfall voll durchgeschaltet ist.
Oder man könnte ein Relais mit Belastungswiderstand einschalten, wenn die Spannung über 445V steigt.
это английский форум, пожалуйста, введите английский.

Actually, this forum has no language rules. I know there are discussions ongoing in Dutch, and there have been other posts in German. Naturally, most posts are in English, and if you want the most response, that is the way to go. But if the poster feels to post in another language because of whatever reason, this is fine. Personally, I will respond to these posts if I speak the language (8 at the moment, including Russian - Privet!).

Thanks for the info! I just had the same issue. MPP LV6548 showed Fault 11, which isn't in the manual. I was concerned this might happen in the cold weather. May need to remove one panel from each array during the cold weather months.

Hello,
I finally wired up the batteries and connected the batteries to the inverters, I changed settings for all three inverters and connected the PV.
After some minutes the inverter starts to show error code 11, that's PV voltage over.

I looked up that the inverter can handle 450 V input from the PV only.
After I measured the PV input it's:
first inverter: 451,2 V
second inverter: 450,5 V
third inverter: 452.4 V

Can I do something about it to prevent the error?

The hybrid inverter is called: IGrid SV II 5KW

Thanks in advance.
Hi....
I have the same inverters and use them as a 3 phase system. I have two strings...one is providing 448V Voc ....so normally not a problem
The other string has Voc = 300 V. approx. ....both inverters are creating overvoltage failure.....first I couldn´t believe that ...but I made my measurements....and I am getting 458 V and more on the PV power side....on both strings......I used the breaker and the Voc directly goes down to 448V on the first string.....and this is correct.....so where does the overvoltage came from ????.....can´t be the string (panel) very scary

regards

Bill2002

Back