diy solar

diy solar

I'm new...Just bought my first Solar system...

fieecfo

Hey guys my names Bobby. I am totally new to all this Solar stuff. Been watching Will for the past year or so and he is awesome! Super cool. So cut to the chase. I have 3 Battle Borns in parallel. I have my Midnite classic in the mail should be coming tomorrow. I have 2 x 100 watt panels on my roof of the RV which came with the RV with a cheap Windy Nation solar controller which I had to unplug because was not compatible with Lithium's. Next I need a PV combiner box. I like what I see with the ECO Worthy but heard mixed reviews about how cheap they are from China. I also have 4 x 200 watt Renegy Monocrystalline on the way. Any Advice from anyone out there on the PV box and which one would work the best for my system. Oh yes and forgot to add I have 4000 watt Giandel powering my appliances and a 1000 watt Renegy inverter powering my entertainment items like tv, surround sound and bedroom plugs for chargers and what not. Only using the Giandel for laundry and Cooking, so I can conserve power when I am not using it. Also made a custom extension cord about 47 foot long with 10 awg wiring and plugged into my dads old machine shop wiring in the wall in the garage which supports 125 amps. Was hard to find good plugs but just went with 15 amp Leviton ones. Is that ok to use for shore power at 120 v AC considering running both AC's I am pulling 26 amps? Thanks guys for your help. Appreciate it!

-Bobby

Back