diy solar

diy solar

In need of specific size amp and voltage panels

Kirsty

Does anyone have a useful hack as to how I can search for solar panels by specifying either volts or amps that I'm wanting. (Trying to pair up different wattage panels.)

(going to be purchasing 2 panels, but lets focus on the individual numbers...)
Aiming for as much wattage as possible in a panel that is no bigger than 56"L x 35"W. (of course these dimension limitations will determine the wattage for me)

I'm trying to pair them up with 2 :
STCrated Output Pmpp (W) 440W
Module Efficiency 20.21%
Open Circuit Voltage VVOC (V) 49.9
Short Circiut Current ISC (A) 11.33
Rated Voltage Vmmp (V) 41.0
Rated Voltage Immp (A) 10.74

I have not purchased the two 440w panels yet so the wiring schematics can be done anyway that works with the additional 2 panels.
Does anyone have panels that you can share the name brand and wattage with me that either match my V or A, or will match when put in the array. I'm hoping to not loose any array efficiency (or as little as possible).

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
It's best to match your panels, in an array.
I fully agree, but the roof space on my RV will only allow certain sizes on certain areas as I have to work around vents, ac, antena, ect. So to help add wattage to my set up I'm forced to get 2 smaller (as in dimension) panels on the front roof area, which unfortunately means it has to be a lower wattage. So trying to search panels by amps or volts to match up at least one of them as to not kill what I have going.

Does anyone have a useful hack as to how I can search for solar panels by specifying either volts or amps that I'm wanting. (Trying to pair up different wattage panels.)
Hey Kirsty, welcome to the party.

Post your requirements here, maybe someone will tell you of the panel you are in search of.

EDIT: Kirsty, edit your first post to include the requirements at the beginning of the post. The numbers will show in the popup window as folks scan threads.

Last edited:
Back