diy solar

diy solar

Increasing Battery Recharging Power From Grid

hgy970

Hi Everyone,

I own a Deye Three Phase LV Hybrid Inverter (10kW). The inverter is linked to 24 solar panels (545W each) and 2 Lethium batteries (300 Ah each). I am not an electrician so please excuse any wrong technical wording below. I kindly seek your support for my query below.

- Observation A: I have noticed that the inverter pushes around 5.5 kW of electricity to recharge the batteries when the: (1) During a sunny day when the solar panels are producing energy, (2) and when the Batterries are not fully charged,
- Observation B: I have also noticed that the inverter pushes a maximum of 3 kW of electricity to recharge the batteries (1) during the night when there is no sunlight and the Grid is producing all the electricity, (2) and when the baterries are not fully charged.

My query is the following: Knowing that the batterries can handle a recharging power of 5.5 kW (based on observation A), can I increase this maximum/cap of 3 kW (based on observation B) of electricity power that is coming from the Grid to recharge the batterries? If yes, could you please advise which settings controls this?

Thank You & Best Regards,

I am trying to understand why the batteries are becoming depleted when the grid is supplying power. Ok maybe there are certain times of the day the cost is high and importing from the grid is kept to a minimum. Usually there is plenty of time to recharge so as to not be in a hurry. Are you running out of time to fully recharge? How many kWh are the batteries?

I assume the charger is rated at 3 kW and the most likely solution is to add a dedicated charger to give the battery a faster charge when needed.

Back