diy solar

diy solar

Incrementally adding DC batteries

In your cost calculation have you figured that 100ah gel batteries only have 50Ah usable.

The spec sheet on these batteries talks about 80% DoD, but even 2.4kWh should serve my needs providing I can replenish quickly enough :)

Can I just clarify though, the difference between 2s2p and 2p2s...

2p2s is a pair in parallel to give 12v 200Ah, in series with another pair, to give 24v 200Ah (nominal).

2s2p is a pair in series to give 24v 100Ah, in parallel with another pair, to give 24v 200Ah (nominal).

Would it make sense to add a charge controller to the output of every battery bank? Will isolate the outputs and allow individual bank discharge control. At a minimum will prevent inrush current when two banks of different voltages are connected. Also should allow mixing of different battery types.

The spec sheet on these batteries talks about 80% DoD, but even 2.4kWh should serve my needs providing I can replenish quickly enough :)

Can I just clarify though, the difference between 2s2p and 2p2s...

2p2s is a pair in parallel to give 12v 200Ah, in series with another pair, to give 24v 200Ah (nominal).

2s2p is a pair in series to give 24v 100Ah, in parallel with another pair, to give 24v 200Ah (nominal).
Yes

Back