diy solar

diy solar

Infini LV WP 6048

Troady

Hi guys, i am looking at a new inverter in the market, the Infini LV WP 6048. It`s made by Voltronic, same guys who made the MPP and Growatt.
So far they were having the LV 6048 (not waterproof) and the LVX 6048, i have seen the LVX WP 6048 announced to come soon, but the LVX do have a idle consumption of 135 watt/hr, way too much for my like, the LV 6048 WP seems to be more frugal in this aspect. One other thing that make me think about it, is the warranty and after sales service. Dealer says that they cover it for 45 days, after that Voltronic take charge for 5 years support and parts. Voltronic is in Taiwan, if something goes south, go figure.
What do you guys think?, this inverter being IP65 is perfect for my needs, just i am worry about after sales service.
They are asking $1900 + shipping for it.

MODEL InfiniSolar WP LV 6KW
Phase 120/240V Split phase, 120V Single phase, 120V/208V Split phase
Maximum PV Input Power 7500W
Rated Output Power 6000VA/6000W
Maximum Charging Power 6000W
GRID-TIE OPERATION
PV INPUT (DC)
Maximum DC Voltage 600 VDC
Start-up Voltage / Initial Feeding Voltage 120VDC / 160 VDC
MPP Voltage Range 120 VDC ~ 550 VDC
Number of MPP Trackers / Maximum Input Current 2 / 15A
GRID OUTPUT (AC)
Nominal Output Voltage 110 VAC (P-N) / 220 VAC (P-P)
Output Voltage Range 91.5 - 132 VAC (P-N)/ 183 - 264 VAC (P-P)
Nominal Output Current 27.3 A per phase
Power Factor 0.9 lag to 0.9 lead
EFFICIENCY
Maximum Conversion Efficiency (DC/AC) 96%
OFF-GRID OPERATION
AC INPUT
AC Start-up Voltage / Auto Restart Voltage 80 VAC (P-N), 160 VAC (P-P) / 85 VAC (P-N), 140 VAC (P-P)
Acceptable Input Voltage Range 85 - 140 VAC (P-N)/ 170 - 280 VAC (P-P)
Frequency Range 50 Hz/60 Hz (Auto sensing)
Maximum AC Input Current 30 A per phase
PV INPUT (DC)
BATTERY MODE OUTPUT (AC)
Output Waveform Pure sine wave
Efficiency (DC to AC) 91%
HYBRID OPERATION
PV INPUT (DC)
Start-up Voltage / Initial Feeding Voltage 120VDC / 160 VDC
GRID OUTPUT (AC)
Output Voltage Range 91.5 - 132 VAC (P-N)/ 183 - 264 VAC (P-P)
Nominal Output Current 27.3 A per phase
AC INPUT
AC Start-up Voltage / Auto Restart Voltage 80 VAC (P-N), 160 VAC (P-P) / 85 VAC (P-N), 140 VAC (P-P)
Acceptable Input Voltage Range 85 - 140 VAC (P-N)/ 170 - 280 VAC (P-P)
Maximum AC Input Current 30 A per phase
BATTERY MODE OUTPUT (AC)
Efficiency (DC to AC) 91%
BATTERY & CHARGER
Nominal DC Voltage 42-62 VDC
Maximum Solar Charging Current 120 A
Maximum AC Charging Current 120 A
Maximum Charging Current 120 A
GENERAL
PHYSICAL
Dimension, D x W x H (mm) 200 x 450 x 593
Net Weight (kgs) 25
INTERACE
Parallel Function Yes, 9 units
Communication Port RS-232, RS-485, USB, dry contact and Wi-Fi
ENVIRONMENT
Protection Degree IP 65
Operating Temperature -25°C to 60°C (>45°C derating)

I really like this inverter but having problems. Trouble with firmware upgrade - I believe it’s the FTDI cable, will have to try another.
Also when you are upgrading the firmware you have to turn off the output power in this machine is extremely finicky about shutting off the load I don’t know what the problem is the manuals very clear about pressing escape button and holding it down but it just won’t shut off sometimes it does but the most of the time it does not. Hard to tell if there is communication between the inverter and the battery no errors and also no recognition that’s actually working or connected. Software provider by the vendor is garbage.

I really like this inverter but having problems. Trouble with firmware upgrade - I believe it’s the FTDI cable, will have to try another.
Also when you are upgrading the firmware you have to turn off the output power in this machine is extremely finicky about shutting off the load I don’t know what the problem is the manuals very clear about pressing escape button and holding it down but it just won’t shut off sometimes it does but the most of the time it does not. Hard to tell if there is communication between the inverter and the battery no errors and also no recognition that’s actually working or connected. Software provider by the vendor is garbage.

I bought 3 of these inverters and very much regret it.
The original 1.3 file they sent was corrupted. I finally convinced them to send me a new 1.30 file and then both it and the 14.1 file then loaded.
The are the remaining problem that they have pretty much told me they are not going to fix:
-The second page of the Solarpower software parameters goes blank so you still cannot set up the inverters with a PC.
-Will not charge batteries from generator input terminals.
-Will not accept generator input from Grid terminals because frequency requirement is far to sensitive.
-Will only MPPT solar tracker will function as MPPT at a time. The 'other' solar array goes to open circuit voltage very low power.
-Already burned up one main board and control board just charging batteries with two 1300w arrays.
-After over a month wait they did send me new boards. Not installed yet, big job lots of wires.
I have many many emails with them. They repeatedly said I was doing things wrong.
I very much regret buying these inverters.

Excerp from long email chain:

No other system was using this computer. Com5 is the only port open. Both the 1.20 and the 1.25-b updates work good with this serial port. It does not fail on cannot open serial port. It does fails on ‘cannot open file”. In the reflash tool window it shows that the serial port is open. It looks like maybe the file name is corrupted in the reflash tool window. I have another computer that used com3. It can also update 1.20 and 1.25-B but fails the same way when I try to reflash 1.30 update. I sent a few emails yesterday that show the other screen shots.

Can you please send a new 1.30 update file folder with reflash tool and required files(s).

The original 1.3 file they sent was corrupted. I finally convinced them to send me a new 1.30 file and then both it and the 14.1 file then loaded.
The are the remaining problem that they have pretty much told me they are not going to fix:
-The second page of the Solarpower software parameters goes blank so you still cannot set up the inverters with a PC.
-Will not accept generator input from Grid terminals because frequency requirement is far to sensitive.
-Will only MPPT solar tracker will function as MPPT at a time. The 'other' solar array goes to open circuit voltage very low power.
-Already burned up one main board and control board just charging batteries with two 1300w arrays.
-After over a month wait they did send me new boards. Not installed yet, big job lots of wires.
I have many many emails with them. They repeatedly said I was doing things wrong.

No other system was using this computer. Com5 is the only port open. Both the 1.20 and the 1.25-b updates work good with this serial port. It does not fail on cannot open serial port. It does fails on ‘cannot open file”. In the reflash tool window it shows that the serial port is open. It looks like maybe the file name is corrupted in the reflash tool window. I have another computer that used com3. It can also update 1.20 and 1.25-B but fails the same way when I try to reflash 1.30 update. I sent a few emails yesterday that show the other screen shots.

Can you please send a new 1.30 update file folder with reflash tool and required files(s).

I’ve experienced the same issue. Downloaded firmware from BCS and it crashed tied with mac m2 with parallels and even my old windows laptop with trusty windows 10. Odd little thing displays on inverter panel about upgrade. Followed readme/pdf instructions to a T and no go. This inverter or the crappy software has to many quirks to resolve and maintain to make it truly low maintenance I’m always having to make adjustments- I’m learning that it’s terribly inefficient it burns about 576 watts from the Ac Input line at all times even when my panels are churning out 4kW and no load also I’m noting a 5amp draw from the battery when it shouldn’t , no load at night (no PV input) so why the sígnica the battery drain from AC and battery for 10 watts

I have done a few more infinisolar wp 6KW and the issues keep coming. Fault 27 (fan started) with 14,1 and recent MCU/DSP update; vendor was able to obtain an update quickly and that has gone and now reporting Fault 01 which is worse (bus surge - DC) I'm at a loss. This occurs when output exceeds an out 500 watts. Ive s spent so much time I just want to rip it off the wall and drop $5K on an EG4 18K. but its hard to just let this $1900 investment just tossed out the window.\.

Back