diy solar

diy solar

Initial balance with ISDT K4?

Loeti

Hello experts!

I am an electrican and have build several 12V and 24V LiFePo4 packages for boats and campers, so i have some experience with LiFePo4 and BMS.

What I am thinking about is, if I can optimize the balancing to avoid putting all cells in parallel and wait until balance is finished until I put them in serial and create the final package. My idea is, to put the cells in the final package (serial connection) and wire the cells for the BMS. To balance the cells I will use a high quality charger like ISDT K4 where I can connect the all the Cells trough the BMS wires and balance them to 3,65V on each cell. After this I can connect the final BMS and can run the test of the package. So at the end I can be much quicker to create a LiFePo4 package especially if I have to create an individual housing for the cells.

But is this a good idea? Can a high quality 8s charger do a balance like when I put all the cells in parallel? For me is quality the highest priority, but if i can be a little bit faster when creating this packages it would be very nice.

kind regards
Wolfgang

p.s.: I could not find a thread for this topic - if there is one, please send me a link

Back