diy solar

diy solar

Insides of jan 2022 CHINS and Zooms 12v 100ah

Crunchtime2k

Based on wills older video stating they were exactly the same i had one of each ordered, sadly they are not the same , i suspect same factory but somewhere they changed designs slightly to cost optimize.

the zooms appears to balance better and will accept up to 15v and tested at 102ah.

chins is somewhat poor in balance and disconnects above 14.36v , still working on test numbers.

pics attached. I will build a 24v system with these cells and a daly bms.A277FCD8-5161-4BAA-AF75-26B961CFAB5D.jpegE953A3CB-2C27-4F8C-8B1C-7D87962E051F.jpeg98B2D7CA-D862-4008-8140-9B41433132CF.jpeg

the zooms appears to balance better and will accept up to 15v and tested at 102ah.

chins is somewhat poor in balance and disconnects above 14.36v , still working on test numbers.
15V would worry me personal more then 14.36V

14.4 - 14.6V is accepted by many as upper charge limit.

Many batteries need a few cycles to fully balance out the cells.

1642261492002.png

I would like to understand how the CHINS batteries cell balance. From what little I have read, they do it when the battery is somewhere above 14.0V, and do so passively. How quickly do they balance? Has anyone tested by drawing a single cell down, and then measuring the balance current vs voltage? I have three of the CHINS 100Ah batteries in my sailboat, and am trying to understand the best way to keep the cells in balance.

Thanks for any info, or a pointer in the right direction!

Chip

I would like to understand how the CHINS batteries cell balance. From what little I have read, they do it when the battery is somewhere above 14.0V, and do so passively. How quickly do they balance? Has anyone tested by drawing a single cell down, and then measuring the balance current vs voltage? I have three of the CHINS 100Ah batteries in my sailboat, and am trying to understand the best way to keep the cells in balance.

Thanks for any info, or a pointer in the right direction!

Chip
The CHINS got a BMS which does all that for you, no matter the state of charge. Just regular charge them. If you build your battery yourself different story. But the pre built ones are usually somewhat good matched.

The CHINS got a BMS which does all that for you, no matter the state of charge. Just regular charge them. If you build your battery yourself different story. But the pre built ones are usually somewhat good matched.

Yes, that is a great treatise by Rod Collins. I am interested specifically in how and how well the CHINS/Enjobot/AmpereTime BMSs do ther cell balancing.

Chip

Back