diy solar

diy solar

Installed my first solar system today, integrated it with home assistant using solar assistant

doronazl

all seems to be working well, im getting the data live
in home assistant i see some controls but tried some and the switch just returns back to its previous position.
is it possible to control the inverters from home assistant or solar assistant ?

i want to be able to turn off the whole system remotely, solar, batteries, everything but the grid, is it possible to do ?

is it possible to control the inverters from home assistant or solar assistant ?
Yes it's possible to control them from either.

I have some Home Assistant automations which control Load Source Priority and the Charge Source Priority, but presumably it depends on your inverter.

Are you on the most recent version of Solar Assistant?

Most of my inverter controls were not working until the most recent upgrade. Prior to that I could only change charge source priority and load source priority.

Yes it's possible to control them from either.

I have some Home Assistant automations which control Load Source Priority and the Charge Source Priority, but presumably it depends on your inverter.

Are you on the most recent version of Solar Assistant?

Most of my inverter controls were not working until the most recent upgrade. Prior to that I could only change charge source priority and load source priority.
are you using Deye inverters ?
i dont see a source option on my controls
options i have are
limit to load only
prioritize load
im not sure what they do

Can you use home assistant to send a command to the inverter to start charging the battery from the grid?

Can you use home assistant to send a command to the inverter to start charging the battery from the grid?
Yes, provided your inverter provides such functionality.

e.g. for mine these are the parameters I can control from Home Assistant:

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 5.47.04 am.png

So for charging from the grid I just need to send the commands for the right combination of parameters, being:
- Output source priority (Utility First)
- Charger source priority (Utility First or Solar and Utility Simultaneously)
- Max Grid Charge Current (to whatever charge current setting you want to use)

Back