diy solar

diy solar

Insulation material of LiFePO4 battery shelf

matt1309

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some thermal insulation material advice. Currently building a battery storage cabinet for 4x 16s Batteries.

I live in UK, so reasonable temps most of the year but November -> March and the battery is stored in an uninsulated shed so there's likely below freezing temperatures at night. I'm Looking for a relatively thin, fire resistant insulation material to attach to the sheet metal siding of the cabinets. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Similar I'm looking for some heating pads, I've seen Will post a video about RV heating pads as a solution, however I'm struggling to find some that have adjustable/higher thermostat switches. ie most I've found are 0 degrees however for headroom I've set my BMS to disconnect the batteries at 4 degrees. Anyone got any recommendations for these (open to alternative solutions for keeping temps up as well)

Thanks,
Matt.

"Lynn Manufacturing High Temperature Gasket Paper, Superwool"

this is one material for light insulating property with relatively higher temperature resistance property that i have considered

it seems meant for gaskets, and is not rigid, so would need something to hold it to the sides of the cabinets.

one positive is that it seems relatively less hazardous to handle

good luck with your project!

Back