diy solar

diy solar

Integrated MPPT? Grid -Tied and Off-Grid? A couple of newbie questions.

inky

Hi, I hope this isn't the kind of question that will make me cringe when I look back on them a year from now ? but I'm only a few days into my solar joureny.

I've got a cabin in the mountains in the middle of Tasmania, Australia and the 15-20 year old basic solar system my father set up (~400kg of lead acid cells and a two random panels of different sizes) has finally kicked the bucket. I have been watching Will's fantastic introductory videos and I think I'm starting to get a handle on things. I'm leaning towards building a 24v ~200ah LiFePO4 milk crate battery with AliExpress cells and purchase some second hand solar panels locally.

Currently I am looking at 8x 280w used panels (ET-M660280WB) that come with a used 3kW inverter (1P3K-4G) branded SolaPowa here in Australia but appears to be Solis elsewhere - https://www.solisinverters.com.au/product/solis-1p-2-5-6-k-4g-solis-1p5k-4g-mx/

The two things I'm confused about are
  1. Is that an Inverter and an MPPT Solar Charge Controller "all in one"? So I wouldn't have to buy a separate MPPT?
  2. There are mentions in the specs of grid voltage, does that mean this is a "grid tied" system? And, if so, can I use it off-grid or does it require an AC input to function?
  3. Am I better off just getting the panels and then buying an MPPT and an Inverter separately?
I'd appreciate any advice ? cheers!

Attachments

• 1649675885078.png
    1649675885078.png
    463.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 1649675902443.png
    1649675902443.png
    826.1 KB · Views: 4
I do not see any mention of battery, so it appears to be without a charge controller.
Appears to be a grid tied inverter; requires AC input to function.
Don't know if grid is available at your cabin.

I do not see any mention of battery, so it appears to be without a charge controller.
Appears to be a grid tied inverter; requires AC input to function.
Don't know if grid is available at your cabin.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if where it says "MPPT voltage range" and "MPPT number" if it meant MPPTs that can be connected to it, or MPPTs that were integrated ?‍♂️ but either way that doesn't matter if I can't use it without a grid. Next option is a Growatt all-in-one ?

Díky, nebyl jsem si jistý, jestli tam, kde je napsáno "MPPT napěťový rozsah" a "MPPT číslo", jestli to znamená MPPT, které k němu lze připojit, nebo MPPT, které byly integrované, ?‍♂️ ale v obou případech to nevadí, pokud nemohu použijte jej bez mřížky. Další možností je Growatt all-in-one?
Ahoj, doporučil bych něco takového https://www.ebay.com/itm/274725361463?epid=3033529052&hash=item3ff6e85737:g:ptoAAOSwzzVbKHBu
má nižší vstupní napětí max Voc 145V. Připojil bych panely 2S 4P. Omlouvám se za překlad Google. Pavel

Back