diy solar

diy solar

Interesting DIY 18650 power wall parts / modules +

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
I was doing a search for something and came across this listing on AliExpress.
I do not know this company or the quality of the products sold by them BUT I found the solutions offered to be intriguing because of the type of configurations you can build with 18650 LiIon without having to weld ! These have a "clip" in type of configuration for the cells and harnesses to make the packs. Plus they have some other possible goodies to go with all of this. See pic below.
Link to product listing: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/gr...2170.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.b326fd39dnuk6E

Could be an interesting "Test Project" if you already have 18650 cells at hand that aren't doing anything.

24V-18650-power-wall-6s-battery-pack-6S-bms-Li-ion-Lithium-6S-battery-Box-PCB.jpg

This looks pretty cool for those of us that aren't keen on building a lithium battery from scratch. If I understood there information you just stack these up to equal the ah rating you want? It seems they sell to trays, one 48v 45ah the other 48v 20ah... wouldn't that depend on the miliamps of the batteries used? How did you read this in regard to battery tray and BMS unit... sold separately or was the $15... for each unit with BMS?

Btw... small cabin forum handle?

This looks pretty cool for those of us that aren't keen on building a lithium battery from scratch. If I understood there information you just stack these up to equal the ah rating you want? It seems they sell to trays, one 48v 45ah the other 48v 20ah... wouldn't that depend on the miliamps of the batteries used? How did you read this in regard to battery tray and BMS unit... sold separately or was the $15... for each unit with BMS?

Btw... small cabin forum handle?
Yep, same handle.

I think it's all individual components, like the trays and the board etc, you have to order the various pieces to make up the pack and they offer preassembled BMS on a board. I noted the BMS' offered are NOT high amperage The cells of course decide the actual AH of the pack. I noticed they have an "Advanced" board which appears to be far better than the basic, so I would assume for better power handling. I recall seeing a YT Video on something similar to these but they were just glorified battery holders (like those used for AA batteries) and they were bad, when the cells heated up the plastic used got soft and the fellow doing the vid showed the heat being generated with the crappy contacts. The ones I found above are not those, these are quite different.

The 18650 power wall 7s battery pack 7S bms 29.4V Li-ion Lithium 18650 battery holder BMS PCB board 20A 40A 60A 7S battery box
has a max of 60A with their BMS, the 48V package seems to max out with a 45A BMS. These are likely okay for small applications but not a full on power wall pack with over 100A output.

Got it, I think! Looked like you might order parts separately but didn't see a clear path to getting matching equipment. I've never ordered off of Aliexpress or Aliibaba. It is enticing but how to know what is good and what is junk... I'm pretty happy with my Volt modules, might add 2 more 2kw/48v. We went 4 days this winter without sun and I had to start the generator.

Funny, you would think I could understand the Chinglish better than most.... my wife and I taught "Western Business Practices" at a small university in China for 2 years, read a BUNCH of papers written in Chinglish! We could always tell when they were plagiarizing off the internet as the English was too good! We used to wander around the big technology super store in our city, you name it and it was there! Buying computer parts was really, really cheap, and some were actually good! Friend tells of a thumb drive he had bought.... way before TB stuff, it was supposed to be something like 50mb... it kept losing his files. Found out it was like a 2mb thumb drive that was programmed to just loop... writing over the previous files when it filled up!

Back