diy solar

diy solar

Interesting install...

I have another thought…

The guy (I say guy, to be non gender… but, face it… no woman would do this disaster) likely bought a harbor freight kit, and one didn’t power his clock radio, so he got another, and another to get enough energy to actually recharge their jackery… just kept adding them until enough came in to recharge. Even under this much shade, each panel will output SOME watts… maybe 1% rated… still with this many panels they ought to output around 100W total…

How about stopping by and asking him how he is doing and how he is liking his new solar system. Maybe he will ask you for a little help. Refer him to our nice forum or give him some good advice to help him get lined out properly. I was very fortunate to have an HVAC, mechanical, electrical, aviation background, plus I found this forum. Initially a little rough on the new guys, but the knowledge gained from all of you forum members really helped.

Panels should be aimed more toward the road so night time production is higher than daytime
For optimum collection, I suppose every other panel should be reversed, so they can collect energy from each direction of traffic flow…

Panels should be aimed more toward the road so night time production is higher than daytime

Along that vein, if he put in windmills that are powered by the wind of cars passing by, he might actually produce some power. He might have to wait for a semi-truck to go by before he fires up the microwave. :)

Back