diy solar

diy solar

Interfacing Meritsun to Sol-Ark 12K

Llaves

Has anyone interfaced the Meritsun Powerwall battery to a Sol-Ark 12K? They're not listed on the Sol-Ark known/tested list, but Meritsun claims they work by connecting a straight RJ45 cable ("ethernet cable") from the battery's CAN port to the Sol-Ark RJ45 connector and setting the inverter to CAN mode, address 0.

The attached doc from Meritsun shows a pin-out that matches the Sol-Ark 12K, but it doesn't match their own printed manual that comes with the battery.

I'm reluctant to try this until someone confirms it works correctly. Don't want to release the magic smoke.

Attachments

• MeritSun-SolArk.pdf
    345.3 KB · Views: 37
I don't see how anyone can help you if the company is putting out two sets of documentation that contradict each other.
I think you need to find out from them which one is correct and then go from there.

Some details would be nice. Did they use the CANbus interface or the Modbus? What Sol-Ark settings? What cable?
Most batteries COMMs are CANbus and 00 is the most generalized option to use if you would like to experiment. Even though we have not tested Meritsun batteries in our facilities, you can try them. Worst case, ensure sufficient charging values from Meritsun are programmed for open loop configuration for the inverter should communications fail. Please refer to our integrations guide for further guidance.

I finally connected my Meritsun batteries to the 12K using the CANBUS ports, straight ethernet patch cord, and setting battery type to lithium protocol 00. Seems to work fine so far.

Thanks, They use CanBus, and ordinary network cable is enough, the lithium battery protocol setting of the inverter is 00.
Hi Kevin im trying to set up my Meritsun battery with solar 12k and show BMS Lithium Batt Mode(0-20) you can choice 0 but not 00 I did but not work

There's a problem with the MeritSun CANbus protocol implementation, at least for the firmware in my batteries (which were updated about a month ago). I have four 200Ah batteries, each with a charging capacity of 100A. The protocol should indicate a total 400A charging capacity, but instead reports 100A. The vendor who sold these to me has been working with MeritSun to get this resolved, but nothing has happened for several months now. On the other hand, the Sol-Ark running in lead-acid open loop mode is typically within 1% of what the batteries report for SoC

There's a problem with the MeritSun CANbus protocol implementation, at least for the firmware in my batteries (which were updated about a month ago). I have four 200Ah batteries, each with a charging capacity of 100A. The protocol should indicate a total 400A charging capacity, but instead reports 100A. The vendor who sold these to me has been working with MeritSun to get this resolved, but nothing has happened for several months now. On the other hand, the Sol-Ark running in lead-acid open loop mode is typically within 1% of what the batteries report for SoC
Just stick with open comm.

Back