diy solar

diy solar

Interfacing (several) DALY BMS via RS485

KaFun

I built some 16S LiFePo4 200Ah batteries with a DALY 100A Smart BMS and want to interface them on the SAME RS485 bus. I managed to "contact" the BMS using a RasPi with a Waveshare RS485 HAT using Python.
However, in order to contact more than one BMS on the bus, I need to set the board number to different values. I can change the board number using the PC software via UART or RS485 (which is basically the same protocol just different physical layer). But it seems the BMS forgets its given board number after a few polls.
Does anyone has anything done in this direction but with slightly more success?

Solved it with a little help from the DALY BMS store: I received a new Monitor Software (v1.2.5), had to flash the BMS with a new firmware and then assign each of them an individual board number. Now it works like a charm: Three BMS on the same monitoring software!

Solved it with a little help from the DALY BMS store: I received a new Monitor Software (v1.2.5), had to flash the BMS with a new firmware and then assign each of them an individual board number. Now it works like a charm: Three BMS on the same monitoring software!
Can you upload the file in Resources? Which Smart BMS do you have?

I have three 16S LiFePo4 DALY Smart BMS, one of them 80A and two 100A, none of them with fan.

It's there under resources ...

Back