diy solar

diy solar

Internal Resistance difference Question

bboyd333

I bought eight 300ah EVE cells to make an 8s 24v battery. I specifically asked they be from the same batch. What was sent me was 4 cells with non removeable studs and 4 with studs that screw in. I don't have a problem with that except the internal resistance on the stickers are different. Four cells have .18m Ohm while the other 4 have .21 milliohm internal resistance. I'm new to this, but it seems to me the lower resistance cells will charge and discharge faster than the higher resistance cells. Is this enough of a difference to worry about? Thanks for any response.

I bought them from a US reseller because I've had major problems with China sellers including ordering a lawn mower blade balancer and getting N95 masks. Is the difference

Close enough for our application. Your own terminal connection cleaning and attachment resistance could make these far different when built as a system.

Close enough for our application. Your own terminal connection cleaning and attachment resistance could make these far different when built as a system.
Thank you. I'll charge and top balance them. I don't want to go to war if in the end it won't make much difference. In the end I'll have three 24v 300ah LiFePo batteries. I plan on cleaning the terminals with steel wool and acetone. Then put "No Ox" on to keep them from oxidizing over time.

Cool - but no steel wool please. Little bits you can't see that get down into threads, or a sliver hanging onto one will make you sad when you put a bolt or nut down.

I was going to blow them off, but perhaps instead I'll glue some ultra fine sandpaper to a small block of wood and drill a hole in it for the studs.

Sandpaper isn't good either. The grit tends to embed itself in the aluminum and raises the IR.

If nothing seems available, a new, non-soapy, non-metallic fine kitchen scrubber like a brillo pad - you know designed not to harm metal pans - has been used before.

Back