diy solar

diy solar

Internet Options for less EMF Exposure?

AgroVenturesPeru

In the other thread talking about off-grid internet, it sounded like everything involved wireless, which is understandable for obvious reasons.

Which setups would expose you to the least amount of EMF radiation?

Wired internet in the vicinity of people should reduce exposure. But some wireless internet solutions involve having the provider beam microwaves at your head.

Strength of electromagnetic fields drops of as 1/r^2, so if you are far away from WiFi and BlueTooth transmitters most of the time, don't worry about it.

If your internet comes from satellite (or cellular), you could put the radio (or its antenna) away from where people are. That reduces your exposure when sending data.
Some systems, older ones similar to Direct TV, have an antenna pointed at geostationary satellites which (I think) flood the earth with their signal.
Cellular and Starlink (I think) use antennas of various orientations and phased-array respectively to beam energy toward your antenna. In that case, use of the system requests your general area be flooded. So you can't escape that; maybe wear a tin-foil hat, or be inside a house with tin roof.

I think the strongest field you would experience is from WiFi in your laptop. That is, so long as you don't lean over a Starlink dish.

Back