diy solar

diy solar

Interrupting Capacity , Class T vs Midget (Littlefuse SPF)

spk

I know there are a handful of threads on AIC already, but I don't recall seeing one discussing AIC capacity of the 10x38 or Midget fuses, specifically, say, https://www.littelfuse.com/media?re...b4-0f211e503d41&filename=spf-series-datasheet

It would seem to me that, as long as I am keeping loads under 30 amps, the interrupting capacity here should be enough that I would be okay with LiPo4 batteries (24v 46ah) with these as the main battery fuse, with their 50kA AIC?

If I am undestanding that correctly, then, would I be okay paralleling a pair of them (with similar size conductors on a short run to a bus bar and then to load from there) to get to 60A? Assuming that in a 10kA short one would go first and then the next, but both fuses would be able to break the DC arc? I think that Class T fuses start at much higher capacities than I would typically be using for loads, and while I've grabbed a Class T for the shed installation, when I take my small system to the group camp I am thinking I could get by with the smaller/cheper fuse, and looking for confirmation.

Thanks

I think I'm understanding you. That is, you don't want to spend the money. I get it, But, it is partly the arc distance and time of overcurent.
I'm not the expert, and did not want to spend the money either, but... I would stick with a T-class.
I'm not the safty police, by no means, but dc power, is no joke.
I think I've bought 100amp T-class before.
Anyway, just my opinion. Im Not a fancy c-10 or even a real master electrician.

Back