Introducing the New & Improved Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co.

Alkaline

Solar Enthusiast
After reading this entire thread:

Amy has decided she will charge the highest price for the same cells all other companies are selling, the Global Warranty sounds like a farce, the cells are not tested, This is typical we test all of our devices by tested only 1 out of 30 and then mark all of them as being tested.

I can not understand why you would pay such a premium.

If you are paying over $91/cell for a 280 you are wasting your money on false security and marketing.

I will change my mind if:

1) You are guaranteed each cell is tested with data matching the QR code
2) Clear explanation of the warranty, who is responsible for shipping the cell for service and back
3) Establish some track record of this process.

so far anyone buying these above market priced cells has not been able to do either 1,2,3 but they surely did pay for it.

mmdb

Solar Enthusiast
No one payed factory matched and beached cell for that price ..Amy was great experience shopping with her and I will buy always from her and I don't care what cells are . She is honest person .and you can always buy directly from Eve factory 200+ USD for 1 cell. + Shipping + tax

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
After reading this entire thread:

Amy has decided she will charge the highest price for the same cells all other companies are selling, the Global Warranty sounds like a farce, the cells are not tested, This is typical we test all of our devices by tested only 1 out of 30 and then mark all of them as being tested.

I can not understand why you would pay such a premium.

If you are paying over $91/cell for a 280 you are wasting your money on false security and marketing.

I will change my mind if:

1) You are guaranteed each cell is tested with data matching the QR code
2) Clear explanation of the warranty, who is responsible for shipping the cell for service and back
3) Establish some track record of this process.

so far anyone buying these above market priced cells has not been able to do either 1,2,3 but they surely did pay for it.
Such is your OPINION... Making Assumptions & Jumping to conclusions with whatever bias you have... kinda sad really.
Go ahead and buy whatever you find for the cheapest and you'll get just that but remember do NOT complain about YOUR CHOICES.

Gazoo

Dumb Dumb
It unfortunate ... but I agree with this part of your post and I get your point. Most of the suppliers have not been honest including the ones selling cells for less. However, I also believe Amy is doing the best she can to make sure everyone will be happy with cells purchased from her.

I also believe everyone reading this thread knows they can buy cells directly from EVE at double the price. And I understand that is not the point of your post. Regarding this point:

I don't know of any supplier that has requested to have a cell shipped back to them and I don't expect that to change. They don't want them back. I do agree suppliers need to define their warranty. However once a cell is received and checked for damage, capacity and whatever, if the cell checks out the chances of the cell failing is rare unless abused by the user.

No one payed factory matched and beached cell for that price ..Amy was great experience shopping with her and I will buy always from her and I don't care what cells are . She is honest person .and you can always buy directly from Eve factory 200+ USD for 1 cell. + Shipping + tax
Well I do care what cells are. And everyone is entitled to their opinion. I know there are many in this thread who swear by Amy. And I understand that too. If I had not received my cells from another supplier I swear by, I most likely would have went with Amy and she was with XUBA when I bought my cells. I like Amy's willingness to continue to participate in this thread which she started and I hope she will continue to do so. In the end not all suppliers are bad. It's a personal choice picking a supplier to order from.

mmdb

Solar Enthusiast
Don't get me wrong gazoo in my country I can't buy decent lead battery for price that I get for lifepo4.
My personal opinion is that you can't buy cells direct from Eve even triple the price .and I think that no one from this forum ever purchased cells from Eve .if Eve is sending batteries they will be treated like dangerous goods and shipping price would skyrocket then ,than in Europe customs tax + vat

Alkaline

Solar Enthusiast
You can buy from EVE directly at $92.00/cell for 4000 pcs which is what fits in an entire container. I have seen an invoice for $373,500.00 from TORO who is buying these cells from EVE a container load at a time. So anyone going on about 2x the price from EVE is not aware of what you pay when you actually get down to buying. EVE simply does not want to sell small orders. They will happily sell container loads to anyone.

Don't be fooled with the price you see on ALibaba that is MSRP which no one ever pays; Do you really think Luyuan is paying 200/cell to then turn around to sell for 115 and take a 85 usd loss?

Gazoo

Dumb Dumb
Don't get me wrong gazoo in my country I can't buy decent lead battery for price that I get for lifepo4.
My personal opinion is that you can't buy cells direct from Eve even triple the price .and I think that no one from this forum ever purchased cells from Eve .if Eve is sending batteries they will be treated like dangerous goods and shipping price would skyrocket then ,than in Europe customs tax + vat
I understand. I am in the USA and would not purchase directly from EVE either. Even if the $200.00 price included DDP shipping and hazard materials fees. We are very fortunate to be able to get the cells at the price we pay.... :)

Alkaline

Solar Enthusiast
EVE also liquidates any cell that has sat for more than 3 months in the manufacturing center, these can be bundled as Grade B, lately they have not had this issue, which is why there is a shortage of EVE on alibaba, they just are not able to get budget Overstock/grade A- / B cells.

charly

Amy thank you, my 16 batteries arrived, amazing packing..! Two per box and absolutely surrounded in foam. I think we could have thrown them out of the truck and they would be fine. Nice to see studs and great quality bus bars. Absolutely brilliant. Thanks
Got some pics of the studs? And when did you order yours, and where are you located? Thanks

SettledDnRoamer

Hello !
For the benefit of those on the forum who are contemplating proceeding with an order with @Amy Wan (Luyuan), and are still hesitating, here is a quick summary of my experience so far.

I ordered the pristine "4pcs EVE 3.2V 280AH New Version Genuine Grade A Lifepo4 Battery Cells Fully Matched", which now come with the welded 15mm M5 studs (6mm/.2362in) and wider 2cm busbars. Delivery (sea) is estimated at 60 days and shipping was 150 USD to Canada, duties included. Add 22 USD to your budget for Alibaba's transaction fee. That sums up to essentially 620 USD.

During the transaction, Amy was super responsive. Her replies came my way within 4-6h, even during the weekend. Communications were concise and clear. Thanks Amy !

I hope this helps some newbies like me. :)
- Stéphane / aka SettledDnRoamer
PS: thanks to my Ontario neighbour, @Steve_S ; your comments on this thread as well as in this forum convinced me to take action and get going with my first DIY project. ;-)

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
Hi Amy, I am looking to order 16 EVE 280AH cells (4x4pc), and was curious how to get shipping quote to zip 98004 in WA,USA (listing says contact for better quote)
Sorry to reply you so late! You could find me through this link(where my reply will be faster) Then I will calculate the specific shipping cost and total price for you.

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
A word of caution regarding the new EVE 280ah batteries.
I ordered 4 of the new more expensive batteries from Amy and they shipped last week.
I was under the impression that I would receive a test report detailing the parameters for each cell.
Without that documentation there would be no way of differentiating them from the less expensive unmatched cells.

For example in this post:

After many negotiations and discussions, we have confirmed the purchase details, and we are currently in the contract drafting stage. The first batch of EVE 280AH (the new version) and EVE 105AH are expected to arrive around January 24.

EVE Promises us:
1. Grade A, brand new.
2. The batteries will be matched according to our requirements, such as 4pcs in a group, 8pcs or 16pcs.
3. With one year global warranty (we will add another year of warranty on this basis)
4. With many certificates, such as MSDS, UN38.3, maritime identification certificate...

And in this post:

View attachment 35894

I did not receive a test report so I asked Amy if she could provide it - here was her answer:

View attachment 35895

View attachment 35914

So if you're considering purchasing the 'new EVE' matched/batched cells do not assume ( as I did ) that you will receive a test report...
Without that test report it seems to me you're taking a leap of faith when paying 50% more for a set of capacity matched cells!

A box of batteries from China is like a box of chocolates...
Sorry for responding to you so late.

Yes, EVE is mainly wholesale. Usually, they don't send the data of each battery to customers.

Fortunately, we have reported this issue to them many times, and they finally agreed to keep the test data of each battery for us and then send to us.

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
I think I am "Rob" Amy is referring to in her post. I ordered the new EVE 280Ah cells from her in January 18th. Even before they got to her! Below is her response to me regarding the test reports. I believe her because she has to lose her reputation on this forum.
I expect the cells at the end of March / beginning of April. As soon as I've received them,View attachment 36656 I will take a measurement.
Sorry, Rob, we did not take pictures and videos for you, and thanks again for your trust.

Yes, when you receive it, you could test them, if they have any problems, please feel free to contact us.

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
Amy thank you, my 16 batteries arrived, amazing packing..! Two per box and absolutely surrounded in foam. I think we could have thrown them out of the truck and they would be fine. Nice to see studs and great quality bus bars. Absolutely brilliant. Thanks
Thanks very much for your recognition, this is our greatest reward!