Introducing the New & Improved Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co.

Bobs RV 36'

Something Burning?
Hi Bob, Amy doesn't take orders or do quotes here. You need to contact her through her place of business. I contacted her here:

Scroll to the bottom of the page to the contact window and let he know what you want and where it's shipping to so she can get you an accurate quote.

Unfortunately she isn't offering this. I tried also.

View attachment 43455

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
From what I’ve understood, claims to FedEx can only be submitted by the shipping party...
That was what I thought as well, but wasn't sure. Certainly the recipient has photographs to substantiate shipping damage claims, since Amy very kindly sends them, plus he has the received boxes. My understanding is when received you are supposed to note that they are damaged, but I don't really know. It would help if he sends the photos to Amy. FedEx should make good the damage.

kerner

off-road camping & solar
From what I’ve understood, claims to FedEx can only be submitted by the shipping party...
This is what I was told as well - FedEx will only make payment to the shipping party as they are who paid for the shipment.

kerner

off-road camping & solar
That was what I thought as well, but wasn't sure. Certainly the recipient has photographs to substantiate shipping damage claims, since Amy very kindly sends them, plus he has the received boxes. My understanding is when received you are supposed to note that they are damaged, but I don't really know. It would help if he sends the photos to Amy. FedEx should make good the damage.
I've provided Amy with all of the photos of the damage and the terrible repackaging completed by FedEx. I would have absolutely rejected shipment except they were delivered without signature required and just left on my porch.

mealticket

Toro Tractor is buying Direct from EVE, it is a US manufacturer. They minimum order amount right now is 4000 units. My cousin is the procurement officer for the north east and told me they are only paying $60.00/cell They are manufactured in 2021.

Their first price was as high as $80.00 but that was for smaller batches of 1000-1500 cells. All of these are direct from EVE. I wish I could post the purchase invoice but I would get him in trouble.

What I can confirm, and if you want you call EVE USA as well as they will sell you a full container load any time. All Grade A newly manufactured cells.
i'd order a 1000 @ around the $80 mark and reship from USA if there was enough interest

mealticket

I just want to post my experience with Amy and Shenzhen Luyuan Technology. Altogether it was very positive.
I started talking to Amy on Jan 10th. She speaks very good English by the way. She answered all of my questions and had a contract written up in one day. I ordered 24 of the 272ah cells. I paid by credit card and payment was received on Jan 12th. A few days later I received a video of my cells being checked with a multi meter. I know it was not just a canned video because the cells had a note on them with my name broadly displayed. The cells were shipped on Jan 18th. They cleared customs in mid March. It took UPS 5 days to pick them up once they had cleared customs. They were delivered to my door on March 19th. The packaging was very good. All of the cells were packaged in custom cut closed cell foam 2" thick all the way around each cell. There were 12 boxes with 2 cells per box. Each box was completely wrapped in packaging tape to prevent damage to the cardboard. They all arrived in great condition with no visible signs of damage to the packaging. Each cell measured at 3.291v on the nose. Enough bus bars were shipped with the cells to tie them all together in parallel for balancing. The hardware included was 6 studs with hex sockets and flange nuts. Amy has been listening to her customers and constantly improving the product that she is offering. The only complaint that I have is that the tapped holes on the terminals of every battery were crooked. All of them had a slight off angle to them when the studs were installed. This was not rally an issue. after putting a stud in the terminal, placing a bus bar and torquing the nut to spec they all pulled straight. At first I was concerned that I would have to put them all on my mill and ream and tap new straight m8 holes. So far that has not been necessary. Cosmetically the cells look great. I am balancing them now and I will post results after a capacity test.

TLDR: 66 days from payment to delivery. Good hardware was included. Studs were a little crooked but not a problem. Packaging was excellent. Cells all shipped at 50% charge and all voltages matched at 3.291v. Currently balancing. Capacity test incoming. Amy is fantastic and speaks very good English. I will order from Amy again when my off grid house project needs more than just construction power.
what was your price on the 272?

mealticket

The substantial price difference between the 272, and the 280 per Amy's Ali store price out the 272 as a no brainer on cost/value. Can someone tell me why the majority seem to be going with the 280

JoeHarley13

Most are going with the 280’s because Amy hasn’t had the Lishen 270’s for months now, despite saying ready to ship. At the price difference, I’m waiting on the 270’s. She will still test and do the best she can to ship matched cells.

K8MEJ

Solar Enthusiast
Just an update from me. I understand there are lots of global logistics and supply issues. I knew going into this order that I'd be waiting a considerable amount of time, but it was worth it to save some money in the long run and learn the ins-and-outs of LiFePO4 batteries, BMS's, etc. I know the time differences are large and not to expect same-day response. But my patience and understanding are just about gone.

Amy told me a week ago the cells cleared customers and are waiting for Fedex. She said the logistics company said I'd have them by the end of this week at the latest. The cells are still sitting in the same warehouse they've been for what I think is the last several weeks. All attempts to contact Fengda USA Ltd, the US side of the shipping company she used have been fruitless. They don't answer the phone or return voicemails.

I sent a note to Amy two days ago and her reply yesterday was she'd "urge the shipping company again". I sent another note this morning (EDT time zone) saying no one at Fengda answers the phone and Fedex won't pick up until Fengda says its ready. My friend at Fedex says no one has contacted them for a pickup and since it's a warehouse, the driver is not going to wait for someone to find them. I'm currently stuck.

I know a lot of you have purchased from Amy and received good service and reasonable shipping times, but if I had this to do all over again I would have worked with Michael because at least he's stateside, in my same time zone even, and could be of more assistance. I know Amy is at the mercy of shipping companies, but it's her business and she's ultimately responsible. I hope this gets resolved quickly and I will keep posting updates, if for no other reason than to burn off some frustration.

Thanks for reading my tale of woe 😐

onemanvan

Solar Enthusiast
Just an update from me. I understand there are lots of global logistics and supply issues. I knew going into this order that I'd be waiting a considerable amount of time, but it was worth it to save some money in the long run and learn the ins-and-outs of LiFePO4 batteries, BMS's, etc. I know the time differences are large and not to expect same-day response. But my patience and understanding are just about gone.

Amy told me a week ago the cells cleared customers and are waiting for Fedex. She said the logistics company said I'd have them by the end of this week at the latest. The cells are still sitting in the same warehouse they've been for what I think is the last several weeks. All attempts to contact Fengda USA Ltd, the US side of the shipping company she used have been fruitless. They don't answer the phone or return voicemails.

I sent a note to Amy two days ago and her reply yesterday was she'd "urge the shipping company again". I sent another note this morning (EDT time zone) saying no one at Fengda answers the phone and Fedex won't pick up until Fengda says its ready. My friend at Fedex says no one has contacted them for a pickup and since it's a warehouse, the driver is not going to wait for someone to find them. I'm currently stuck.

I know a lot of you have purchased from Amy and received good service and reasonable shipping times, but if I had this to do all over again I would have worked with Michael because at least he's stateside, in my same time zone even, and could be of more assistance. I know Amy is at the mercy of shipping companies, but it's her business and she's ultimately responsible. I hope this gets resolved quickly and I will keep posting updates, if for no other reason than to burn off some frustration.

Thanks for reading my tale of woe 😐
A little bit of history:

At first I ordered batteries from Basen in late November. They promised new grade A EVE batteries in stock ready to ship via DDP. After one week they still had not shipped so I inquired about the status of my order. They replied they had no EVE batteries in stock and were in the process of shipping me Lishen batteries via DAP. I canceled the order and requested a refund because they were not delivering what they promised.

I was about to give up when I heard about Amy's company on the DIY solar forum. So I began the process again of ordering batteries from her in mid December. I agreed to wait 30 days for the new EVE matched cells but EVE didn't provide them until late January. Now there is a delay in the shipping. It's been almost 5 months now since I began the process of purchasing the batteries. So for me it seems like a very long and difficult process to purchase 4 cells.

The most recent update I got from Amy this week was that my cells were waiting for FedEx to pick them up. That doesn't make sense to me - FedEx doesn't pick up at their leisure - they pick up when they're asked to. So I agree - something else is going on and I too am getting close to my limit of patience.

At some point a person has to "draw a line in the sand" and say enough is enough.

The question is - what to do about it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

K8MEJ

Solar Enthusiast
At some point a person has to "draw a line in the sand" and say enough is enough.

The question is - what to do about it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
There are only two things we can do about it at this point: cancel the order and try something else OR continue to message Amy until she gets the logistics companies to do something about it. I'm willing to wait two more days before I consider plan B.

I have an "inside man" at Fedex. He's a sales rep. He can make some inquiries and even request a pickup on my behalf. But he said the driver will not wait or ask around for packages. So in this instance, it all comes back to Amy being the only one can get this moving forward.

onemanvan

Solar Enthusiast
There are only two things we can do about it at this point: cancel the order and try something else OR continue to message Amy until she gets the logistics companies to do something about it. I'm willing to wait two more days before I consider plan B.

I have an "inside man" at Fedex. He's a sales rep. He can make some inquiries and even request a pickup on my behalf. But he said the driver will not wait or ask around for packages. So in this instance, it all comes back to Amy being the only one can get this moving forward.
Amy tells me that she urges the logistics company everyday.
If the logistics company says they've been waiting weeks for FedEx to 'pick up' the product then I say BS!

Sounds to me like she's "stuck between a rock and a hard place".
I wouldn't want her job "for all the tea in China".

I'm already on plan B so I don't even want to think about a plan C...

Dhasper

Solar Enthusiast
I, as a potential buyer, would be interested in knowing if this is the logistics company she always uses and if there are options available. We knew Chinese New Year screws everything up but the logistic company not answering the phone is inexplicable.

K8MEJ

Solar Enthusiast
I, as a potential buyer, would be interested in knowing if this is the logistics company she always uses and if there are options available. We knew Chinese New Year screws everything up but the logistic company not answering the phone is inexplicable.

That's a good question, and perhaps it depends on which port they would send the packages to.

DLTooley

That's a good question, and perhaps it depends on which port they would send the packages to.
I would suppose it would be possible to specify the port. A Southern California delivery arriving in January would be convenient for us Snowbird dirtbags to pickup directly from the port.

I’m guessing there are three hands that handle our packages, the boat, the customs broker, than the US delivery. That complexity likely contributes to the claims issues. I think if you make sure to inspect before accepting delivery it will be much easier on the receiving end. You might need to sit at your door so the delivery doesn’t just get ‘dropped’.

solardad

Solar Addict
My last batch of the New EVE-280AH cells with Welded Studs arrived Feb.18.2021.
Photo's with the Laser Welded Studs & what the new QR Code looks like.
Initial Tests do verify they are matched. I'll be doing further testing & capacity checks, I will post if anything is out of whack or noteworthy.

View attachment 39238 View attachment 39240
FYI - Received a promotional email from EVE N. America and they had copy related to the change:

Here is the technical specification of LF280N. Please check and confirm whether LF280N is the battery you need. Pay special attention to LF280N, which uses M2 laser positioning hole. The production of batteries with M6 holes has been discontinued.