Introducing the New & Improved Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co.

Sillyputty

Solar Enthusiast
Update on ordering from Amy at the New & Improved Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co.:

Ordered 4 - 280Ah EVE cells with welded studs and busbars from Amy on 3/25/2021. They were shipped 4 business days later.

First box of 2 cells arrived 6/7/2021 - perfect condition - flat, no dents or bulging sides. Welds are perfect. All at 3.26V.

Second box of 2 cells arrived 6/8/2021 - perfect condition - flat, no dents or bulging sides. Welds are perfect. All at 3.26V.

This was my third attempt at ordering these cells. One on Aliexpress, one via a group buy here, and this last one was from Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co. directly. One set arrived so damaged they were unusable - but was completely and promptly refunded via Michael. The AliExpress set never showed up and was refunded relatively promptly only when a credit card company stepped in. (Use your *virtual* credit card or PayPal).

Fwiw - Amy and Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co. have provided an excellent experience in difficult times when other suppliers have not.

Thank you Amy! 1623201606037.png1623201633933.png

FilterGuy

What, me worry?
Update on ordering from Amy at the New & Improved Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co.:

Ordered 4 - 280Ah EVE cells with welded studs and busbars from Amy on 3/25/2021. They were shipped 4 business days later.

First box of 2 cells arrived 6/7/2021 - perfect condition - flat, no dents or bulging sides. Welds are perfect. All at 3.26V.

Second box of 2 cells arrived 6/8/2021 - perfect condition - flat, no dents or bulging sides. Welds are perfect. All at 3.26V.

This was my third attempt at ordering these cells. One on Aliexpress, one via a group buy here, and this last one was from Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co. directly. One set arrived so damaged they were unusable - but was completely and promptly refunded via Michael. The AliExpress set never showed up and was refunded relatively promptly only when a credit card company stepped in. (Use your *virtual* credit card or PayPal).

Fwiw - Amy and Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co. have provided an excellent experience in difficult times when other suppliers have not.

Thank you Amy! View attachment 52084View attachment 52085
The welded studs in the picture reminded me to ask: Does anyone have a report on the welded on studs?

1) With the small contact area of the pads, is there any issue with them heating up or voltage drops at higher currents?
2) Is the weld strong enough?
3) One person reported they are a bit short for 1/4" bus bars.... what have others found around the length?

K8MEJ

Solar Enthusiast

Thank you for posting this update. The timing is in line with what I experienced when I ordered in January. I will assume that ship times are a little better but it's still probably best to expect 2-3 months with the worldwide shipping constraints right now.

JAS

Solar Enthusiast
Is everyone actually paying those shipping costs to the US? 😲

I just looked and shipping costs near as much as the batteries...

K8MEJ

Solar Enthusiast

I don’t know exactly what you’re referring to, but I had twelve cells sent to me via sea shipment and shipping was $229. The cost of the products I bought was $1,135.20. That’s less than the cost of two cells. What were you expecting to see?

JAS

Solar Enthusiast
I don’t know exactly what you’re referring to, but I had twelve cells sent to me via sea shipment and shipping was $229. The cost of the products I bought was $1,135.20. That’s less than the cost of two cells. What were you expecting to see?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-09 132415.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-09 132415.png
    268.1 KB · Views: 21

upnorthandpersonal

Administrator
I wonder how many people like me just see that auto-generated quote and move on?

It's one of the many possible hurdles importing stuff directly from China and dealing with sites like Alibaba. On the other hand, consider it an opportunity and gives you an edge on others who don't do the research. You could even use these aspects to start a pretty decent side business, as some have done.

K8MEJ

Solar Enthusiast
I wonder how many people like me just see that auto-generated quote and move on?
People that didn't research this site enough ;) I'm not making fun of you. But, I read a LOT because I was hesitant to deal with Alibaba. It's been written here by many others that you should request quotes directly from the seller representative.

You could also post in the group buy sub-forum and see if anyone local to you would like to make a single, larger order to negotiate favorable pricing and split the shipping cost. Just a thought.

JAS

Solar Enthusiast
People that didn't research this site enough ;) I'm not making fun of you. But, I read a LOT because I was hesitant to deal with Alibaba. It's been written here by many others that you should request quotes directly from the seller representative.

You could also post in the group buy sub-forum and see if anyone local to you would like to make a single, larger order to negotiate favorable pricing and split the shipping cost. Just a thought.
Yeah, It's just hard to believe the auto-generated quote is so far off from the direct requested quotes. I do currently have an order in with Michael's Group Buy. And that still seems cheaper.... But, was intrigued by SillyPutty's post.

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
The Auto Generated quotes is something that is out of control partly for the vendors. It's more like a Guesstimator as the tables are updated every 6 months or so and always on the high side, so when you get the Real Quote from any vendor it is Always better than what the Guesstimator puts.

Always contact the vendor direct for an Accurate & Current quote.

Sillyputty

Solar Enthusiast
Does anyone have a report on the welded on studs?
There is a good, recent write-up here (that I cannot find right now :mad:) on what look like these exact cells. The gist: No heat issues. Ability to torque terminal nuts higher (10Nm?). Single busbars adequate for high loads. No problems reported.

Last edited:

upnorthandpersonal

Administrator
There is a good, recent write-up here (that I cannot find right now :mad:)

Probably this one:

Just John

Photon Sorcerer

Unless you asked for a shipping quote, you will see nothing close to the true shipping cost. Alibaba is like that for batteries, you must contact the vendor and give your shipping information to get an accurate quote.

curiouscarbon

Solar Addict
Previously, I refused to buy any 270-310 Ah LiFePO4 cells due to so much hassle preparing the terminal connections. Soft aluminum vs my dumb butt, I’ll just bend it..

Now that Amy with Luyuan is offering Stainless Steel Stud Terminals, things have really changed in my personal calculus. I decided to use 100Ah with Factory Installed Stud Terminals, but regretted the forced need for either paralleling cells (I Strongly Dislike Doing That) or increased number of BMS Units (I Personally Prefer to have 1 BMS per ~10kWh instead of 1 BMS per ~2kWh)

Thank you to Amy and everyone who has worked with her to bring LiFePO4 Cell with Preinstalled Terminal Stud to market. It is my clear next step to scaling up my projects.

Now that connecting to the terminal without increased heat or damage from torque is assured, I feel comfortable seriously planning a build.

Sillyputty

Solar Enthusiast
Previously, I refused to buy any 270-310 Ah LiFePO4 cells due to so much hassle preparing the terminal connections.
I 'practiced' setting up, making the busbars, and charging/top balancing the first set of 280Ah cells I ordered that arrived damaged and these welded stud cells w/larger terminal posts/studs are a night and day difference. The damaged cells had the female threaded aluminum terminals which I used grub-screws on, which resulted in two stripped and helicoil-repaired terminals and a lot of wondering about over-tightening or stripping the rest.

These welded studs were a dream. Per @Amy Wan (Luyuan) at Shenzen Luyuan, the larger studs/nuts are meant to be torqued to 10Nm (versus around half that for the previous studs) and I had no difficulty feeling OK when using a click-type torque ratchet while tightening them.